New magnaflow exhaust!!!!

Without the resonator under front passenger side and two magnaflow mufflers with 4 inch tips. There's some drone first three gears but if you step on it you can't hear it ;) hahah. I got my bro to take it for a drive and told him to go fast so I could hear it I heard him two blocks away and it sounded nice. Highway speeds you can't hear it. In town in turning heads all over the place. I'll take a video of my journey and do a walk around so you guys can see why people look at this beauty haha. Fell in love all over again when this magnaflow was put on yesterday!!

I love it. Today I was doing a maintence check all over and noticed my air filter is gross. So next thing in my list is just a drop in k&n filter. Not doing a cold air intake unless I want to run it down to my bottom grille. Short rams are useless. Sure you get more air but its not cold air

I love it. Today I was doing a maintence check all over and noticed my air filter is gross. So next thing in my list is just a drop in k&n filter. Not doing a cold air intake unless I want to run it down to my bottom grille. Short rams are useless. Sure you get more air but its not cold air

The stock setup is pulling cool air from the front of the vehicle anyways...doubt you'd see any noticeable improvement. I've always used K&N's but you can now get oil-less lifetime filters that do just as good of a job, if not better, as the K&N's. I'm leaning that direction when mine is due (very shortly).

I'll take one shortly! I don't have a cell it'll just be with a tablet. I'll take another video with a full walk around and possibly drive by shot. Muffler man told me he put on four inch tips. I measured and turns out 4.5 is what they are

Thanks, I appreciate it... No idea which muffler though, eh? Should probably be able to figure it out by the pics.

I'd love to do exhaust on my Journey... but I already know I'm not keeping it longer than 5 years... if that. Depends on when I can buy a house. Took it in for the second oil change at 15,249 miles yesterday and there was a 2015 GC Laredo 4x4 Altitude in metallic red on the showroom floor... Other than the red color, I was wishing I had the $40k to plunk down... just have to keep reminding myself that the Journey does everything I need just as well as the GC and in a smaller package that I can toss around a parking lot in a zero f***s given manner.

• 2 months later...

Well I put my resonator back on. Started to get some annoying drone. Turns out evsn with the resonator back in I still have drone. So either I'm getting rid of the exhaust or switching something. Have a few options. 1---only use one muffler after the resonator ditch the 4.5 inch tips to three inch resonated tips 2---switch to flow master. 3----straight pipe with resonator in place. My magnaflow sounded great with no resonator but that drone got to me. Any suggestions??

My tips are not resonated. Just plain 4.5 inch tips. They welded it straight on the mufflers there's no tail pipe between tips and mufflers

Oh, I misread your post... I certainly wouldn't add resonated tips then... it will give you more of that Honda sound. Being that you have flow through mufflers with tip right on the end, that may be the issue. A chambered muffler may help reduce the resonance in the cab, but I would still avoid the Blowmaster. Both times I tried those on different engines they droned terribly. Way worse than Magnaflows on the same vehicles.

It's my understanding that Magnaflow mufflers drone far more than Flowmaster units. I had Flowmaster Super 44s (2) on my old 3.1L Grand Prix. They sounded very nice with no drone. They replaced the single rear resonator using a Y-pipe. A friend of mine had a complete Magnaflow cat-back installed on his 2008 300C SRT 6.1L at Carlisle... He drove the car back home to Boston and the severe drone made him want to throw up. He dumped it as soon as he got home and got the Corsa cat-back.

On my 300M Special, I replaced the OEM rear resonators and 3" tips with Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers and generic 4" tips. The sound is perfect and drone is minimal. There is some driving locally, however the RPMs constantly change and the drone isn't loud, so it hasn't been an issue. Almost unnoticable even to passengers who would normally b*tch. Gone when music is playing. The idle has a nice growl to it.

Looks like this is becoming an expensive endeavor. I could hear the drone in the original sound post. For me, if I could get a set of mufflers off of a 1986 Pontiac 6000 STE, that would be awesome. Same engine as all the GM models, but a sound so sweet for a V6. They have probably all hit the junk yard by now!

It's my understanding that Magnaflow mufflers drone far more than Flowmaster units. I had Flowmaster Super 44s (2) on my old 3.1L Grand Prix. They sounded very nice with no drone. They replaced the single rear resonator using a Y-pipe. A friend of mine had a complete Magnaflow cat-back installed on his 2008 300C SRT 6.1L at Carlisle... He drove the car back home to Boston and the severe drone made him want to throw up. He dumped it as soon as he got home and got the Corsa cat-back.

On my 300M Special, I replaced the OEM rear resonators and 3" tips with Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers and generic 4" tips. The sound is perfect and drone is minimal. There is some driving locally, however the RPMs constantly change and the drone isn't loud, so it hasn't been an issue. Almost unnoticable even to passengers who would normally b*tch. Gone when music is playing. The idle has a nice growl to it.

could be a leak from a poor install too... I can only speak to my personal experiences and in both of those instances (two different engines on two different vehicles) the switch from a Flowmaster to a Magnaflow got rid of the cabin drone.

Can't be poor install. They welded everything. Money isn't an issue. I'm thinking of ditching my OEM resonator and buyung the magnaflow. It's 28 inches. So its basically the length of the straight pipe where the resonator is now. I believe ours is eieither18 inches or somewhere around there. And if that does not work than I'll use one magnaflow infront of the dear wheels and run tail.pipe from there with resonated tips? I miss the raspyness it had tho before I put the reso back in. It's only 50 for new mag reso and 40 to install it. If worse comes to worse I'll got back to stock and sell the mufflers