Noob to the site!

Devin Riches

Hi all!

Obviously I'm new here. Posting because my wife and I will be picking up our new 2013 Dodge Journey R/T tomorrow! New to us anyway.

I am a previous owner of a 1998 Dodge Neon. Car was in our family for 14 wonderful years! A little while after getting it, I joined neoncanada.com. I found the forums there to be super helpful, and the people really friendly! As the Neon has finally had it's last days, with almost 250,000 kms on it, we decided to stick to a Dodge. We didn't want a minivan, but with having 2 boys, we need the room for the family.

We are so excited to get a new vehicle after over 14 years of having our current one, and I can promise you, I will be frequenting this site quite often!

Hope to chat soon!

Devin

Hi Devin, welcome to the forum. We had a 2001 Neon (225,000 kms)prior to buying our Journey. I loved it but it was time for a change. It's really strange at first sitting so high up after seeing the pavement so close and personal. The Journey has been the best vehicle I have owned so I'm sure you're going to love it. I noticed you mentioned neoncanada.com, so I guess you decided to join many other Canadians who make the Journey a favourite. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks all. And rolly, the height thing is going to be so true. I actually had Mopar high rates on my neon, so it was slammed right to the ground. Not only did it make the ride low, but it also made it very rough. This is going to feel like I'm driving a tank!

We pick it up after work today, and my wife and I are super stoked!

Thanks all. And rolly, the height thing is going to be so true. I actually had Mopar high rates on my neon, so it was slammed right to the ground. Not only did it make the ride low, but it also made it very rough. This is going to feel like I'm driving a tank!

Yeah, but a NICE tank!

Yeah, but a NICE tank!

I did get it. Sorry. I was so excited, and have been so busy!

My profile pic has the evening my wife and I picked it up and brought it home. Besides a couple of problems with the uconnect/iphone, we love it. White leather interior, 5 seater, tonnes of space!

My older son is in Military college for summer training, but we pick him up this coming Friday when he graduates. We were upset that he wasn't there to help us pick the vehicle out, mainly because he turns 16 next year, so it will be the first vehicle he ever drives. But I am sure he will be happy with it.

We do still need to get a hitch put on, but we don't need that until August, for when we go camping up north. we will be getting a hitch-mounted bike rack.

I will post pictures later of the vehicle.