2015 Crossroad Curt Hitch + Factory harness installed and active!

HawtDogFlvrWtr

So I went with the class III curt hitch (13201) and the mopar harness for our journey. I had the harness activated today at a local dealer and all is working perfectly.

The company that sent me the wiring harness sent me two of them.. one looks used and was missing the bumper inserts, and the other was brand new. I thought that i was going have to deal with the used harness (it showed up two days before the new one did) so I purchased the bumper inserts in ziptie form from amazon and got the harness up and working perfectly. If someone wants it, i'll send it to you for free.. just need to pay shipping.

I ended up getting one of those cheapo cargo baskets that attach to it from harbor freight for like $40.. it's genius and fits my garbage cans perfectly, so I don't have to haul trash in the back of the journey... (I don't have trash pickup here in the sticks).

NOW ON WITH THE PICTURES!

post-10820-0-09848000-1435008775_thumb.j

post-10820-0-58208800-1435008776_thumb.j

Edited by HawtDogFlvrWtr

Looks good. Did you have to remove your rear bumper to install the harness? According to the directions that came with my Mopar harness, the rear bumper has to removed to access the holes for the Christmas Tree push-type attachers, which keep the harness up away from the exhaust, and run along the entire length harness!

My Mopar hitch has a bracket with a round hole for a 7 pin connector. I bought the part that snaps into the round hole and the 4 pin connector snaps into the oval hole in this piece. Neat and clean!

• 8 months later...

I got from dealer tow harness kit for my Journey 2015 and I installed it but problem is...that it not working (the wire kit is ok) there is no power on socket at the car .....what I should to do? .put in fuse or switch something???

I got from dealer tow harness kit for my Journey 2015 and I installed it but problem is...that it not working (the wire kit is ok) there is no power on socket at the car .....what I should to do? .put in fuse or switch something???

You have to go to your dealer and have them flash the computer to turn that part of the harness on. No set fee... my dealer did it for free, others have had to pay various amounts.