2010 journey break sease

When driving in the rush hour traffic my breaks start to sees gradually up to the point that stopping at a red light, I don't need to hold the breaks as there so tight they hold by themselves and the rotor and the mag are so hot I feel the heat at 1 meter away. The dealer said that MAYBE it's the hose to the front brakes that are squeezed because of the rust on the bracket holding the hose and that cost 218$ but done nothing. I was told maybe the caliper or maybe the master. The bottom line is a lot of maybes but nothing concrete. If theirs a brake guru out there, I'd like very much to hear from you.

Edited by worldraft

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened with my 2012.....if I am understanding you correctly. Similar issue only mine started after braking on the highway. Driver side rear wheel. Couldn't even stand to be next to it to inspect it because the brake and rim were so hot. Just got it back from shop a couple hours ago. Caliper was seized and it destroyed the pad and rotor as well. All being replaced under warranty.