I just got my 2015 Journey and cannot figure out how to balance the speakers! I've downloaded the user manual and looked at the quick start book and can't find anything. I googled it and came across some questions on the forum on how bad the speakers are for bass (I'll agree) and someone said to send some of the sound to the rear speakers. I would if I could figure out how. Also is there a way to balance the bass and treble? And, it sounds like all the sound is coming from the passenger side speaker. Any help is appreciated.

If you press the 'audio' button you will find the balance and equaliser controls.

I suggest that reading the manual, rather than flipping through it might be helpful moving forward.

But since you downloaded it, do a word search through the document for the word 'balance' - I believe it comes up as the second incidence of the word and you can go from there.

Oh, and depending on the quality of your source material, the basic system in this vehicle happens to have excellent sound - hopefully your problem is only 'balance' and not that something is defective, since the weekend is just starting.

Edited by bramfrank

Hit the settings button on the top right of the 4.3 radio. Scroll down to Audio. All the controls you're looking for are there.

Also, download the Uconnect 4.3/4.3S user manual from Dodge for 2015 (go to dodge.com, under Owners, and look for manuals). This information is on page 15.

Thank you! With your help (bramfrank and bfurth) I found the controls for the speakers! Now I just need to figure out how to set my favorite Sirius channels! The salesman showed me, but I don't remember. I'll figure it out. Everyone have a good evening!

Thank you! With your help (bramfrank and bfurth) I found the controls for the speakers! Now I just need to figure out how to set my favorite Sirius channels! The salesman showed me, but I don't remember. I'll figure it out. Everyone have a good evening!

Guys, she's got it figured out . . .

If she has it figured out, why did she ask this?

She had it figured out. The audio system works as advertised. See post 9. Now that she has the manual and knows how to search. So 'she has it figured out'. Of course 'touch to set' is a complicated concept, even for the techno challenged.

Edited by bramfrank

Sounds to me that she got what you told her about balancing. Her quote: "Now I just need to figure out how to set my favorite Sirius Channels! The salesman showed me, but I don't remember. I'll figure it out.

I was just helping her to set her channels.

• 2 weeks later...

You have 6 speakers: 1 6x9 in each door, and one in each corner of the dash. The front door speakers share the same channel as the dash speakers - no crossovers. The only speaker in the third row would be the sub in the premium system, which is also a 6x9, but it is a one-way speaker; driver's side rear panel.

You have 6 speakers: 1 6x9 in each door, and one in each corner of the dash. The front door speakers share the same channel as the dash speakers - no crossovers. The only speaker in the third row would be the sub in the premium system, which is also a 6x9, but it is a one-way speaker; driver's side rear panel.

I got it. So the rear portion is for subwoofer and since i dont have the premium system it is just hollow right now.

Thanks!!!

I got it. So the rear portion is for subwoofer and since i dont have the premium system it is just hollow right now.

Thanks!!!

I had the Dealer install a rear view camera as part of my purchase. The left rear panel had to come off. I looked in there, where the sub would be, and there is hardly any space at all. I guess that this would explain why the sub is only a 6x9.

• 9 months later...