Help, need to lower my 2015 journey

I checked with H&R springs and THEY DO NOT make spring that will work on a 2015 DJ, They do however make they for 2009-10 DJ. So I called the parts department at my local dodge dealer to check spring part numbers for the 09 and 15. Well the front springs are the same part # but the backs are not, so I would hate to take a chance, get the kit and the rears are just a little different in size and not work. So now does anyone know any other springs besides H&R for the 2015? I could go tire size to 215/55/17 and that would drop it a inch and a half. But wondering if it would look to weird. I agree with on the steps or stool, but have you ever tried to argue with an 84 year old crazy woman. I would rather have a root canal than argue with her.

FYI, you're not getting a 1.5" drop in that tire size change, and yes it will look VERY awkward having what amounts to roller skates on your car, not to mention potentially dangerous. That size of tire is seen more on compacts and small sedans, not tall wagons. Overall diameter of the stock 225/65/17 is 28". Overall diameter of a 215/55/17 is 26.3". That is a 1.7" reduction in tire diameter, and a 0.85" "lowering" of the vehicle. Less than an inch. Any reduction in tire diameter must be cut in half to reflect vehicle lowering.

• 4 months later...

Bump to see if anyone has found a kit for the 15's.

Anyone tried ultrarev.com? My son bought springs for his Cobalt thru them. I know they carry a few different brands of lowering springs, H&R being one of them.

You're probably going to have to go custom... A spring shop should be able to get you something that will achieve your goals... or you could cut your springs if you want to live dangerously.

You're probably going to have to go custom... A spring shop should be able to get you something that will achieve your goals... or you could cut your springs if you want to live dangerously.

Lol, been there done that in my teens. Won't do it on a family vehicle. Plus you want shocks valved for the springs.

May need to look into custom, but guessing it isn't worth it at that point.

If you're willing to get spendy, a customs shop should be able to make an air-ride system that allows you to raise and lower the vehicle within a certain range. I doubt there is an existing system that can bolt in, so it would have to be custom. You can probably fit the air tanks and compressor in the load floor if you have a 5-passenger model.