Catalytic Converter

B-2

The Wife drives a 2009 Journey with a auto/trans & a 3.5 with 125K miles on it, for about a month now it seems to be lossing power I thought it just needed the plugs changed. But there is almost no pressure coming out of the tail pipes in fact even after driving for awhile the tail pipe is cool not even warm. It has not had the check engine light come on until today I had it read at AutoZone & it came up with the code PO452 that said it was the fuel tank pressure sensor. Has any one had to change the cats on a 3.5 Journey I am hoping some one had used a after market one.

Thanks Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I am in TX & have to pass state inspections or I would do just that. I have done that yr's ago but with the new cars I'm sure the computer would put up a code & it would not pass, so I guess I have to suck it up & put new ones in. RockAuto has the best price I have never used them before but going to try them.

Edited by B-2

I am in TX & have to pass state inspections or I would do just that. I have done that yr's ago but with the new cars I'm sure the computer would put up a code & it would not pass, so I guess I have to suck it up & put new ones in. RockAuto has the best price I have never used them before but going to try them.

I have used Rock Auto several times and always had a good experience.

P0452 is the fuel tank pressure - as the shop told you. I replaced oone on my last car (03 Malibu) when I put a new fuel pump on it. This was replaced because the labor to replace the pump was only 5 more minutes than the sensor alone. I don't know what the Journey fuel tank pressure sensor or fuel pump look like, but the basic procedure (if the parts are similar) is to relieve fuel pressure, drop the tank, remove the pump, and reinstall everything.

I would go the route of repairing/replacing the specifically indicated failed component before I replaced the catalytic converter.