Chipped paint...and RUST

Lobitz68

Noticed a chip in the paint where the front fender bulges out around the tire about the size of a pencil tip. Looks like it has already started to rust some. I have a fairly good idea what needs to be done, but am looking for advice anyway... How would you proceed?

My 2010 T&C had a spot on the inside of the driver door panel, right next to the window, that was rusting from inside the paint. I took out a Dremel with a wire wheel, removed the paint that was bubbling, and ran it until there was no visible rust left. It cleared a spot about the size of my thumbnail. I applied two coats of primer, two coats of paint, and two coats of clearcoat. Aside from the premanently marred metal, it's fine. No further rust has been noticed. It was also the inside of the door, so I wasn't as concerned about appearance.

Not getting a whole bunch of useful advice here, so I will post what my plan is and maybe someone will have something to say about that...

I plan on taping off the vehicle around the rust and sanding the area down enough to remove the rust and feather the edge to the good paint. I will then primer, paint and clearcoat the repair area. I assume I will also need to wetsand it to smooth out the repair, after which I will need to buff the repair to return the gloss... Am I missing anything?