Air conditioning problems?

Nicki88

So, my air was attempted to be repaired 3 times before I ever got the car and it wasn't fixed. I got the car and took it to my local dealer who replaced the o ring (?) and charged it up.

Now my air works but only if I am going 55 or faster. Most of our driving is in town going 35-45 MPH and the air is more like having the vents open with no air.

When going faster and the air is working it is not 'cold' in the rear and still seems like only the vents are open and the driver side does not get as cold as the passenger side.

Also, there is a hissing noise when the air is on. Not all the time but randomly.

Anyone else encountered this? Going in again tomorrow for its 5th repair.

• 2 months later...

I just got mine and my air conditioner is doing the same thing so i thought it was because i was in 98 degree weather but when it was about 68 it still wasnt as cold as i would like it. I thought maybe cause i had my can cooler on it was taking away from it but that is not it either.....let me know if you find anything out from the dealer!!!!

I find the AC to be inadequate. The fan is almost non-existent unless turned up the about the 3rd notch....you shouldn't have to have the fan cranked that high just to notice the air, especially on a mod. temp day. Same issue with the heat. Fan must be about mid-way just to stabilize temps.

• 11 months later...

So, my air was attempted to be repaired 3 times before I ever got the car and it wasn't fixed. I got the car and took it to my local dealer who replaced the o ring (?) and charged it up.

Now my air works but only if I am going 55 or faster. Most of our driving is in town going 35-45 MPH and the air is more like having the vents open with no air.

When going faster and the air is working it is not 'cold' in the rear and still seems like only the vents are open and the driver side does not get as cold as the passenger side.

Also, there is a hissing noise when the air is on. Not all the time but randomly.

Anyone else encountered this? Going in again tomorrow for its 5th repair.

i have had the hiss near the firewall when air con is on and trying to regulate temps. i also get a grinding noise in the 3rd row overhead when turning climate control off some times. just hit a dear and have a new rad and condenser with a full charge so that isnt the problem. did you ever get it fixed?

• 1 year later...

I am in UK, my dealer told me that I have a leak in my AC, there is hole in condenser done by a ?stone. My vehicle is still under warranty but apparently that would not be covered by warranty. The repair will include new condenser and it would cost 1000 dollars!

Edited by spawomir

• 3 years later...