Signing off! Thanks for all the info and help over the years!

Jay Sixspeedrt

My 2012 Journey SXT had been knocked out of commission for almost a month by a 17 year old kid with no license who ran into it while it was parked in front of friends' house on a residential street.

The repair was something of a hassle - the kid ran into the front driver corner, and knocked out the battery and bent steering parts (tie rods, strut). When I picked it up from the dealer last Wednesday, it wasn't right - the vehicle pulled to the right, and the steering felt loose at interstate speeds. AND they couldn't get it to pass the NYS OBD inspection (expired while the Journey was laid up).

A call to Chrysler, and my salesman, and all issues were resolved. A bad front strut was identified and replaced, and it turned out the body shop forgot to reconnect a sensor which was preventing all the codes from clearing.

However, I was concerned about new issues down the road related to the impact, so I got a deal on a new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude with the 3.2 and the Jeep I-Drive system, and my payments remain about the same as they did for the Journey.

I felt kind of bad trading it the Journey this AM - it drove wonderfully, and the steering was solid. The odd thing - I don't think it wanted to go - LOL - the dealer had a dickens of a time pulling the rear plate - the shop had to literally grind the screw head off on one side to pull it.

Once I communicated my dissatisfaction to my salesman, and the service manager, the dealer has done a fine job of rectifying things; I had also had an ongoing nuisance issue with the window defroster that was also taken care of.

At any rate, thanks to everyone for all the information and advice over the past 3 years. And I have to say - I would recommend the Journey. It's been a fairly cheap vehicle to maintain (brake issues aside, which weren't THAT much) and its a great expressway cruiser, and can plow through just about any amount of snow.

Signing off! Regards!

Jim

post-5059-0-44247600-1423851837_thumb.jp

Congrats on the purchase! I just can't get over the wierd look of the new Jeep Cherokees. Just one man's opinion though!

have you seen the pics for the new laramie ram pickup the front grill looks terrible kind of looks like a pigs nostrils and those big ram letters OMG oh well see you latter jay and happy trails

Good luck in the future. When I bought my DJ last June, I initially went in to find a Cherokee Trailhawk. My DJ was over $5,000 less and I feel as though I did get more car for the money. Did you have 3.6, and if so, how does the 3.2 compare to it?

Best of luck. Three things sold me on the Journey over the Cherokee. I'm not ready to buy into the 9-speed until it has been out for a few years on several popular models, the cargo area was just too small for my 40-lb retriever to be comfortable, and I made out well on the price of my Journey, since I am actually the second owner and got it with 2,000 miles. First owner's wife wanted "more content" and a Grand Cherokee, so I got $7k off MSRP buying it used. We'll see what the next Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Journey-replacement are like around 2018.