3.6 L ignition coil

Neil R Fortin

There are 3 coils in the rear that are not covered by the intake manifold but the 3 in the front you need to remove the intake manifold to gain access. You can take a look to get an idea in this thread with the diagrams provided.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5962-6th-cylinder-misfire/?hl=%2Bignition+%2Bcoil#entry39528

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Welcome to the forum. All I know is that there is a huge hunk of plastic covering my engine so there is no way that I can answer your question. Sorry.

Grab the engine cover from both ends and pull up and you will see the beauty of the Pentastar engine. To put back on just press down until it snaps in place.

I would say for looks, advertisement, keep dust/dirt out of connections and wires, prevent water from entering certain spots of the engine. For my Journey I would say it's strictly cosmetic on my brother Lexus ES350 which is fully covered I would say that it it is to keep clean and protect.

Edited by Journey_SeXT