Buying an additional keyfob

I'm looking to buy an additional keyfob. There are several available on eBay, but some state to make sure to "VERIFY WHICH FCC CODE WILL WORK. SOME CARS AND TRUCKS TAKE A FEW DIFFERENT STYLES OF REMOTES WITH DIFFERNT FREQUINCY CODES. IF YOU EXISTING REMOTE LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE WITH THIS SAME FCC CODE THEN THIS IS THE REMOTE FOR YOU. "

My keyfob looks like this one. I just want to make sure before I buy. How do I locate the FCC ID on my existing fobik. I opened it, but didn't see the FCC ID.

Edited by cuevrojamez

I didn't buy it new, although it practically is new (2014, 8100 miles), so I don't have the owner's manual, etc.

I called the dealer and was told I they don't give that info over the phone, because they have to verify ownership.

You can download the owners manual on the dodge website if you'd like to get a copy.

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to locate the correct part number for my 2014 Australian Delivered Journey as I had one stolen and need to replace it. Spoke to the dealer who wants $533au for a fob plus $117 for the valet key. But they wouldnt give out the part number, obviously because they are charging a massive mark up for the fob. When my wife took the car down to get the stolen key erased the sales man did say to be careful as the Aussie Delivered fobs are different to the US fobs. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Im trying to locate the correct part number for my 2014 Australian Delivered Journey as I had one stolen and need to replace it. Spoke to the dealer who wants $533au for a fob plus $117 for the valet key. But they wouldnt give out the part number, obviously because they are charging a massive mark up for the fob. When my wife took the car down to get the stolen key erased the sales man did say to be careful as the Aussie Delivered fobs are different to the US fobs. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

I'd be surprised if they really is any difference between Oz fobs or US fobs. Check with these people. They might be able to help.

http://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/

H.P.

I would have thought the same but speaking to a few Ebay sellers , they confirm that there is a difference and the US models will not work on Aussie Delivered cars. There are several part numbers that I can find for the fobs with 3 or so Export models which makes it hard to narrow down which one is the correct one.

Thanks

Matt

I would have thought the same but speaking to a few Ebay sellers , they confirm that there is a difference and the US models will not work on Aussie Delivered cars. There are several part numbers that I can find for the fobs with 3 or so Export models which makes it hard to narrow down which one is the correct one.

Thanks

Matt

The export FOB is p/n 68066351AG ($147 US list price). The transmitter key blank is p/n 68200221AA ($37.45 US list price). The valet key blank is p/n 68145592AA ($8.10 US list price).