Joining the forum

rolly

I joined the forum before we bought our Journey and was wondering how many others did as well. We had our eye on the Journey for quite a while, but had also considered other Dodge products. We had a lot of questions and wanted to hear what actual owners had to say about their experiences. Boy am I glad I did. With the helpful information I got from the members of this forum, it sure made my choice an easy one. This forum has been an absolute delight and I appreciate all the expertise and knowledge shared here. So how about it- did you join before or after and from 1-10, what rating do you give this forum? I'm giving it an 8 out of 10, only because there's always room to improve!

1. I joined the DJ forum after I purchased my DJ. In fact, I stayed on the Nitro forum for a few months after I traded my Nitro because I was a Member Relations Manager, in Charge of those getting the Armed Forces Ribbon next to their Avatar, and I was a Forum Supporter. It was hard to leave that awesome forum. After I brought the DJ home, I had to search to see if there even was a forum for the DJ! And, very happy to be here. I did not know much about the DJ when I purchased it; it is 10x better than the Nitro could ever be. The two small seats in back do come in handy. And the Forum has been a God send! Thank all of you!

2. I will never own a Government Motors Vehicle again.

3. I hate the looks all of the Ford CUVs, and would never own a full size SUV. The new Lincolns are nice, but I'm not a Lincoln kind of guy. I need to sit high because of my back: one fusion so far, with another ruptured disc + 2 fusions in my neck.

4. I trust Mopar. I traded my Nitro, because it was getting too painful for me to get in and out of it. I was looking for a Cherokee Trailhawk, but a similarly equipped DJ was $5,000 less; and a lot more vehicle for the same money.

5. The only foreign vehicle that I might consider would be a Subaru WRX STi, but I doubt that I could get in it! Blue with Gold Wheels!

I joined the day I bought it, but perused the site prior to making the purchase. I researched for a while and was stuck on either the Edge or the Journey. For what I would pay for a similarly equipped Edge with 60k miles on it, I got a brand new DJ with 4 miles on it and a lifetime warranty. Made the choice pretty easy...

When I first joined, this forum was VERY quiet compared to the Dakota, Ram and Avenger forums I had been on prior. I was worried I would get through every post and see very few updates. Luckily that has changed a little since more people are buying DJ's. It's still a little quiet for my liking, so I'd give it a 7... The moderators are dinks. :lol: