Supercharged

Weav

They only work if you have other complementary mods. Getting more air into the engine does nothing if it has no where else to go. An engine is nothing more than an air pump. Yes, race cars use them but they also have head work and exhaust modifications to make use of more air. On a stock engine with a stock exhaust, nope. You are just buying into the hype. Now, if you were to install a true cold air intake (which gets the intake out of the engine compartment), bigger throttle body, bigger intake and exhaust valves, bigger pistons and a free flowing exhaust, yes, it would compliment that engine nicely. On a stock engine these days, the computer will negate any added air going into the engine. Believe what you want. It's all personal choice.

Sewer pipe intake!!

lol. I laugh because I've done this. On 2 vehicles to some extent. Back when I was 16 and couldn't afford a CAI and on my old truck for the Gotts Mod (removing the stock 3" to 1.5" restriction in the wheel fender).

Although I used black.

Edited by vozaday

Almost all tests show the most restrictive part of the intake and exhaust system by far is the prefilter intake tract, you can spend a few hundred to have a nice looking one or you can fab up a dryer hose or plumbers pipe and if it's less restrictive you "will" see a definite increase in throttle response and a very slight slight gain in hp/torque. It was very noticeable when I wanted to over take on the highway with the short ram on my last car. If I was doing 100kmph and stomped on it to pass it would take 4-5 seconds to get to 140 with the stock intake. Next day with the short ram it would blast off as the engine no longer felt anemic. Took 2-3 seconds to do the same pass. It was even very noticeable when revving the engine while parked. Tap the gas and the revs would jump and climb waaaay faster. Wasn't more ponies really, it just allowed the engine to rev up much faster. Like having a lighter fly wheel doesn't give you more horsepower but makes the engine spool up a lot faster. Cody asked specifically about throttle response and I gave the appropriate answer which is common knowledge. Also engine will only negate the added air if the engine uses a Maf sensor which regulates amount of airflow but engine's like the 3.6 which uses a "map" sensor adjusts the fuel to match the added amount of air. Damnit I wish I had a Dr. evil meme with the quotation for "map" sensor hahaha