Different lower from different model

zamoon

So I want to replace my 4.3s with a nice aftermarket double din deck. But I have features that I need that uConnect for. I don't have blue tooth, I don't have nav, the only thing I can see that is controlled via the screen is some settings for AC, and some car functionality like lights and such that I don't care to lose. If their is anything I am missing that it also controls let me know.

I want to know if it is possible to get the lower that is NOT controlled via the screen say from the base model Journey with no touch screen? That way I can still all the needed functions and still have the ability to add my own deck. As for the steering wheel controls will I just lose volume? or will I also lose cruse control as well?

Edited by zamoon

What "lower" are you talking about?

Regarding steering wheel controls, you'll lose audio controls without have an aftermarket adapter, if the new source is compatible with one. Cruise will not be affected.

You already have the the lowest sounds system available to the Journey if you have the 4.3" screen. Currently, I am not aware of any aftermarket solutions for most Mopar vehicles. Metra introduced a bezel that for the Charger that retains the 8.4" screen, places an aftermarket double-din opening where the OEM HVAC controls are, and moved the HVAC controls below that. That works for them because their cupholders are rear of the gear selector. Doesn't work for us, and there aren't any aftermarket solutions.

What are you trying to gain -- BT, nav, etc? It's possible to upgrade to the 8.4 and get the other options.

What "lower" are you talking about?

Regarding steering wheel controls, you'll lose audio controls without have an aftermarket adapter, if the new source is compatible with one. Cruise will not be affected.

You already have the the lowest sounds system available to the Journey if you have the 4.3" screen. Currently, I am not aware of any aftermarket solutions for most Mopar vehicles. Metra introduced a bezel that for the Charger that retains the 8.4" screen, places an aftermarket double-din opening where the OEM HVAC controls are, and moved the HVAC controls below that. That works for them because their cupholders are rear of the gear selector. Doesn't work for us, and there aren't any aftermarket solutions.

What are you trying to gain -- BT, nav, etc? It's possible to upgrade to the 8.4 and get the other options.

The part where the knobs are is the lower. And Metra does make one for the journey but I don't know if it will fully replace the AC controls. http://www.carid.com/metra/metra-stereo-dash-kit-22671153.html

Edited by zamoon

That kit does say 2011. I'd make double sure it works with newer models. You are going to lose a bunch of functionality but more power to you. Post up the results if you can make it work.

Issue is I don't have control of which vents the heat/cold comes out of with this one whether it be feet or head.

Call Crutchfield. Tell them what you have, and what you want to do. What you want may or may not be possible. They are my "go to" guys. They have never let me down.

Per my post above, all controls soft and hard are retained with the Metra kit. It just needs a couple of wiring harnesses...

Per my post above, all controls soft and hard are retained with the Metra kit. It just needs a couple of wiring harnesses...

Ah, but Crutchfield would be able to tell him exactly what f'in harnesses he would need. Ha

• 9 months later...