check engine light on

arlozen_14

hey Guys i need help, just now after i put gas on my 2011 Journey i noticed as i was driving that the check engine light came on. I checked may gas cap and tightened it i still have me check engine on. any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HI last week my check engine light came on my 2011 dodge journey so I went to auto zone and the code read p0740 and today my husband called me and told me that the car wont start. so my question is does that error code have to do with my vehicle not starting.

OK. Lets start with what year your vehicle is, what engine, how many miles? By "not starting" do you mean not turning over or turning over but not starting? What were the circumstances around the no start condition? First thing in the morning after sitting outside all night? After driving to work? etc. Is it started now or are you waiting on an answer from the forum? P0740 should have nothing to do with the car not starting. P0740 is torque converter clutch malfunction. Please give us more detail. Could be as simple as a dead battery.

Edited by jkeaton

• 5 weeks later...

My engine light just came on

I have 2014 crossroad V6 FWD

14,000 Km

What code are you getting? Also you are under warranty so have it taken to the dealer and please let us know what code and what fix was done. Reporting back helps other members who may have the same issue.

Edited by Journey_SeXT