chrysler bankrupt

mllopes

I think Chysler will go under as well as GM. After years of bad business it is just too late to save them. It flat out sucks for all the people employed in the auto industry. They have been suffering this economic downfall for much longer than any one else.

As far as warranty goes. Obama stated the govt will make sure warranties will be honored.

as far as we are aware in the U.K, all the Global news is that they will survive, and your new President is doing what our Stupid unwanted and unelected Prime minister is doing to our auo industry, and promising loads of cash then not going through with it...

we are all hoping all works out....

As far as warranty goes. Obama stated the govt will make sure warranties will be honored.

Thats ok in the USA but the rest of the peasants will be left to fend for ourselves which outrages me as I purchased the extended warranty so I might as well have flushed that money down the toilet-even still no company - no parts or service where are you going to take it to fix the problem like a leaky sunroof??

And they will be worth nothing if you try to sell or trade it- it's such good news makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside

.......... no parts or service where are you going to take it to fix the problem like a leaky sunroof??.........

LOL :lol: That there is funny :D For short term parts should not be a huge problem. I am sure there is some surplus. Although there have been some parts that are already becoming harder to get. But for the long haul is a different story. For service you will probably be able to go to any certified ase mechanic.

To get service and parts will be like a sports car down the road. Not many people with the knowledge and prices will be more expensive.

mllopes- I just realized you are not in the States. And for the other members that live outside the states your concerns should be even greater. It is probably a real pain in the but on some things already.

What I read about Obama's plan to support the warranties only applies to those who purchase a new car after a bankruptcy filing. No where does it explain what happens to those warranties already in place from previous purchases. I'm unclear.

By buying an American car and extended warranty (knowing they could possibly go out of business) I know I did all I could to help the American automobile companies (didn'teven look at an import as I had no interest in one this time around). It amazes me how many americans seem to be looking forward to the demise of the american manufactures (Kill the unions or whatever they say), seems to me we need more unions as my job is killing me lol.

I wasn't planning on buying a Chrysler product but the Journey had so many more features then other vehicles we looked at and the prices was great. There are a lot of Chrysler vehicles on the road, someone will be making parts for these cars for years to come.

It is a little worrying if Chrysler goes belly up, especially for us here in the UK where the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep group is fairly minor. Warranties is a concern as I don't believe Obama will support warranties outside of the US.

Getting specific spare parts could be a problem but could be available to buy 'across the pond' which will be expensive.

However, having a Journey with the VW 2.0 Diesel engine should mean that parts for it should be okay by matching up part numbers with a VW dealer.

Here in the UK the Rover Group went bust about three years ago and yes the prices of the cars did go into freefall but there are still many rovers on the road. I guess that's because the service items are available from pattern part manufacturers and specific parts can be obtained from scrapyards.

I hope the Fiat deal goes through.

Well it will be a very bad image for united states( auto companies) if support for our cars isnt done, at least if that happens i am sure i know a person that will never buy another american car, and that is for sure.

Regarding vw motor yeah thats not much of a problem, also service is not a big problem, i was refering myself most to other parts of the car

Listen,Chrysler is not going bankrupt, at least not soon. GM will most likely have to file. It will erase all debt and they can start over.It is just sad that retirees will suffer. Chrysler has cut 30,000 jobs over the last few years. when you take out that much, they do not need to sell 200,000 auto per month to survive.