Hi there, I would like to join!

Dee

Hi, you can call me Dee!

I figured I stop here first since I'm not a full Journey owner yet. But I hope to be. I test drove a new 2013 SXT today, AWD, 6 cylinders, only 6 miles on the truck, and I loved the truck, white pearl, it's me for sure. The only thing I noticed is what had been brought up before in earlier years, but not really settled is the bounce in the ride. It was like I felt everything on the road. I would have been looking out my window right now at the Journey, if it hadn't been for that. I'm almost ready to settle, but I'm not sure.

I currently drive an Envoy XUV 2004. Is it me or the truck, anyone else feeling it? Let me know before someone steals the deal ;), thanks!

Welcome to the site. All vehicles in this class will have a bounce, the difference is how pronounced they are. The best thing to do is drive it or even better, take one home for an evening/night and drive it around some. Most dealers will let you do that if you're a serious buyer.

We have some of the worst roads here in Detroit and I don't find it to be that bad.

Hi, you can call me Dee!

I figured I stop here first since I'm not a full Journey owner yet. But I hope to be. I test drove a new 2013 SXT today, AWD, 6 cylinders, only 6 miles on the truck, and I loved the truck, white pearl, it's me for sure. The only thing I noticed is what had been brought up before in earlier years, but not really settled is the bounce in the ride. It was like I felt everything on the road. I would have been looking out my window right now at the Journey, if it hadn't been for that. I'm almost ready to settle, but I'm not sure.

I currently drive an Envoy XUV 2004. Is it me or the truck, anyone else feeling it? Let me know before someone steals the deal ;), thanks!

Hello Dee, I think your feeling the bounce more cause your used to the smooth ride of an Envoy which is a bigger and heavier vehicle, however I do know what you mean by the bounce. I feel it at slower speeds especially on small streets with dips in the road but you'll get used to it.

Thank you for responding, I figured it had something to do with class of the vehicle. The forum I found on bouncy ride was back in 2012, and the guy traded it in for a Ford. I'll never buy a Ford again. And whatever I do buy will have to last 7-10 years. I must be getting older, I went from looking for a vehicle with EVERYTHING to just give me something that runs, all the other stuff makes me nervous. It's just that's it such and insane deal, that it's either a REAL good deal or too good to be true. $25K OTD. The other deal would be 2014 copper head paint, AWD, 6 cylinders for a couple of bucks more. DJ copper head is at another dealer tho, all the safety features, just no back up camera or Nav, not sure if I'd like the paint?.

I failed to mention my Envoy only has 40K miles, for a 10 year old vehicle. I almost had a Nissan Murano, seats are uncomfortable.

I get a slight bounce first thing in the morning. It is more noticeable with the wider tires that I recently installed. I attribute this to premature transmission lockup, so I keep it in 5 until it fully warms up (5 minutes, or so).

I am aware of 3 suspensions available on the DJ: my Crossroad has a Touring Suspension. Springs are listed as options on my build sheet, so I'm guessing I have stiffer springs. I'm not sure if anything else is different. I believe that the R/T has a High-Performance Suspension, but I do not know what the changes are.

My guess is that all the rest of the DJ line may share the same, softer suspension. Members that have been here longer than I have can correct me I am wrong. I do not know the difference between my Touring Suspension and an R/T's High-Performance Suspension.

The 7-seater may get different rear springs when compared to the 5-seater, but I'm just guessing here, because of the added weight that it can carry.

Edited by dhh3

I don't notice a bounce on my SXT plus... rides very smooth and the roads here aren't all that great with the extreme temperature swings we see. You can feel the bumps a little more in the cold weather, but I wouldn't call it bouncy. I have always drove 1/2 ton pick ups though, so it may be my frame of reference...

Thank you! I'm going to go back and get a better test drive, not just up the road and back. It doesn't seem anyone is breaking down their doors to buy this DJ, even when they had it out with "Manager's Special" on it.

Is anyone familiar with the Flex Fuel? The also have a SXT 2013 FWD, 6 cyl., in that light blue color, I forget what that color is called, and I noticed the wheels are the other style. That one is almost 2 grand less. Someone said Flex Fuel is junk?

I did drive a Jeep Cherokee Latitude while I was there, nice ride, smoother, higher in price, no CD player, and crazy as it sounds, I hate the gas tank being on the passenger side. Who does that anymore? That's out, car complaints has Jeep Cherokee rated as "stay away clunkers."

Hey dhh3, you have the copperhead color? How is it? I'm not sure I could deal with the brightness?

I can't believe I've been all over the map trying to find something; first I wanted a TrailHawk, then a 4 Runner, then Murano, that was after I canceled out everything else (Subaru, Honda, Mazda) for one reason or another.

All the "flex fuel" rating means is that you can (if you wish) run regular

gas with higher amounts of alcohol blended with it.

The fuel system such as lines,seals and other components have an

enhanced version installed so they won't fail due to the higher amounts

of alcohol used.

The majority of DJ owners on this forum use gas with a max of 10% alcohol

which the refiners do as a normal blend.

In other words don't sweat about the whole FLEX FUEL thing.

Thanks bigtsr and Journey_SeXT, it was my salesman that told me FlexFuel was junk, that's when I was test driving the Jeep. See I'm learning!!!

Odd, my insurance will go up by $10 on the DJ, but any other vehicle I've checked it went down by 20-$50, and that's for 6 months. But, I figure I'll save by dropping roadside assistance since I'll have it through Dodge for 5 years.

Hey dhh3, you have the copperhead color? How is it? I'm not sure I could deal with the brightness?

I wouldn't call it bright, but it does change colors in the sun - The Pearl Effect. Because of the Platinum Trim, I think that this is the best color for the Crossroad, IMHO.

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

dhh3, It's not a bad color, just different, my head is always doing a 360 when I see cars with this type of paint, trying to figure if I'd like it for 10 years, or grow out of it. On the 2013 SXT, it would look better with the 2013 front end than the 2014 I'm eyeing at the other dealership for sure. Due to the price, I'd have to settle if the white pearl slips through my hands. But since coming a full circle in my life since 2011, I want to be sure I make the right decision about any vehicle. sheesh, I could be sitting here crying with a Jeep had I let emotion override logic the other day.

BTW, we don't have many, hardly any DJ's on the street here, I'd seen one in VA the other day, and can't say I've seen one since. Funny, I fell in love with the Envoy XUV back in 2004, I was going to ride around with everything sticking out of the retractable roof, the only time I used the roof to haul was in 2009, bringing a 42" cut riding mower home from Delaware, actually got the thing off the truck myself, arh arh arh!!

dhh3, that's the way the 2013 pearl one looks, except it's black instead of chrome on the bottom, the 2014 copperhead is the plain grill, whereas the top looks the same, but the bottom is like a plain mesh. I just looked at the other 2013 in the light pearl blue, and it has the plain grill, as does the 2014 copperhead?

You may be looking at one that has the Blacktop Package. According to my 2014 sales manual, this package adds black !9" gloss black wheels, black headlights like mine, Gloss Black Grill like mine, Gloss Black outside mirrors - mine are body colored, Gloss Black Fascia Applique - mine is Platinum. Look at the tailgate, and see what is says: SXT, Limited or R/T. The base models will not have any badge. The grill is black with Chrome on base, SXT, and Limited. The R/T has a body color surround. I hope that this tells you what you are looking at. Also, the base (AVP or CVP) has a completely different body colored front bumper. My Sales Brochure is an early one, because the Crossroad isn't even listed. So, things may have changed since this was printed. My bottom grill is also black mesh, but it is too dark to see.

Edited by dhh3

Nope, white mirrors, the only black is where yours shows black, the bottom is shaped just like yours on the pearl white one. The only additional packages are;

Customer Preferred Package 28E- Flexible Seating $1250

Popular Equipment $1195

Pearl Paint $500

2013 Model Year, Dodge Journey SXT, there's only 6 miles on it.... I can post a link if allowed?

I guess the best way to say the grill on the copperhead looks like the Ram and the other truck to the left in the header of the DJ Journey Forum, the wheels also look more like the picture there. The pearl white has more spokes.

Edited by Dee

There are 8 styles of wheels for the DJ. The flex seat option indicates that it is a 7 seater.

Popular Equipment: heated front seats and steering wheel, security alarm, remote start, Universal Garage Door Opener, and automatic head lights.

I wish that I had gotten that option. I do have 7 seats.

Heated seats, steering wheel, remote start? Mirrors are heated, that's all, everything else-check! It's not letting me do a copy and paste, but no mention of heated seats anywhere? A power seat, up and down, lumbar and all, no heat. Maybe heat with leather?

Ok, now I know how to read the equipment site, the one thing on the SXT I see that I'm supposed to get and not listed is; remote engine start, that's not listed on features of the vehicle I'm looking at.

Edited by Dee

Read my last post again. I listed all of the features that are included in the Popular Equipment Group. Like I said, I wish that my Crossroad had these features. I added heated seats myself, and my old garage opener is clipped to my sun visor.

Leather Seats seem to be a stand alone option on the SXT.

Does the window sticker say SXT Plus, or just SXT?

Good morning dhh3, It's a SXT, not Plus, but on an SXT Popular Equipment doesn't include heated seats, nor heated steering wheel. However it does have remote start, and duel exhaust, which another site listed duel exhaust as a $1700 option for the SXT. . I was using lotpro to view options for the different trims and options, along with the online sticker for the vehicle.

Dual exhaust means it has the V6, but you did not mention it on the window sticker.

V6 is a stand alone item under optional equipment.

I'm getting my information from my 2014 Sales Brochure. Things may have changer for 2015.