Hi there, I would like to join!

Dee

I wish they would still have a book from 2013, I doubt it though. I'll go test drive it again tomorrow, and unless it falls apart while driving, or they don't give me something for a trade, I'll have a new vehicle, YAY! I keep looking and I can't beat the price.

I wish I weren't so dead set on AWD, I've never had a FWD that I hadn't done a 360 in. Although they weren't trucks, only one was planned, the other spins weren't.

I could see myself in a Durango with rear bucket seats and a chauffer?

BTW, it's sport suspension, whatever that means?

Edited by Dee

Mine has a Touring Suspension. On my build sheet, under optional equipment, springs are listed. So maybe I have stiffer springs (?). If it has dual exhaust, then it is a V6. The DJ performs a lot better with the V6. But, the members with the 4 cylinder seem to be comfortable with it, and it will deliver better gas mileage.

This is my first FWD car in over 20 years. In that time period, I always drove 4x4s. So, this winter will prove to be interesting.

I started a thread on this subject: FWD vs AWD. I was assured I would be fine. I'll update that thread with what I find out. I did put new tires on it, and under SNOW they are rated BETTER. Time will tell.

Good luck with your test drive tomorrow. If you notice anything, ask us before you decide to buy it. There are many members more familiar with the DJ than I am. I've only had mine for 5 months!

Oh, and take pictures. These guys seem to love pictures!

I want the truck, bad, trying not to act it though, that's why I have a back-up plan, that's the copperhead one. I'm miffed at my salesman, twice he said he would call back and didn't. If I wait until Tuesday he won't be there, but we supposed to have foul weather then. He got pissed at the elderly receptionist for not answering the phone, but then he doesn't call back when he says he would. And that's not the place you want to piss any one off, that's for sure, lol

I figure I'll get new tires after the winter, no sense in hitting pot holes with brand new tires, and I want to see how these do. Take pictures? I dropped my Polaroid camera and it's broke! :lol:

I wish they would still have a book from 2013, I doubt it though. I'll go test drive it again tomorrow, and unless it falls apart while driving, or they don't give me something for a trade, I'll have a new vehicle, YAY! I keep looking and I can't beat the price.

I wish I weren't so dead set on AWD, I've never had a FWD that I hadn't done a 360 in. Although they weren't trucks, only one was planned, the other spins weren't.

I could see myself in a Durango with rear bucket seats and a chauffer?

BTW, it's sport suspension, whatever that means?

Check out this website for brochures from different years.

http://www.auto-brochures.com/dodge.html

Thank you rolly, I'm going to take a look, I remember the book for my Envoy was ruined and tossed by the time I got around to bringing the truck home, I looked, I looked, like a kid at Christmas.

Back to pictures; I use to do eBay back between 1994 through 2001. I guess having to take pictures was such a chore just to get things listed I never did much pick up a camera again. Once at a Leukemia Ball, my brother who is a photographer, salesman of camera equipment, darkroom addict, got me a camera to use for this Ball. Reba McIntire, I was a stalker back in 2000. I thought he gave me a camera that could take picture after picture with no wait. So as I lowered the camera down I got plenty of floor pictures, feet pictures (nice shoes worn at the Ball BTW), and chair legs! I think of all the pictures I took I got 3 nice ones, that was it.

When Reba started to play all the kids that were there and myself moved up front. I remember sitting on some man's foot that paid close to $200K for a table for this Ball, and he didn't mind a bit. Since they didn't need the flowers after the ball, I got to take some home, they however didn't expect us to take the 3 foot plant stands, someone said I could. You can dress me up, just can't take me out, good times good times!

Fast forward; my brother won some kind of competition and sold one of his pictures, it was called "Silhouettes." A man walking by a manhole cover, yep, that simple. I then proclaimed that I must be the best photographer in the world, because of all the ground pictures I took at the Ball, he was not amused.

Everything below the paint on the front bumper is different on the Crossroad. Even the fog light surrounds are different molds...

I just thought that the only difference was that the fake bull bar was platinum, not black! I'll have to go back to my Dealer and look. All of the new DJs are lined up on the side of the building. Last time I looked, they had 2 Crossroads.

hmmm another copperhead, they do look nice. yeah, like I say, I'll get a new salesman and go back, otherwise I'm not in the mood to fight with these people. I don't want to fight with the salesman, then the deal, then financing if I go that route. I was only planning on financing a small portion too up my credit points, use it for a few months, then pay it off, otherwise I'll give them a check and be done.

I'm confused. How in the world does a 2013 have only 6 miles on it? Are you sure it isn't a 2015 with 6 miles, or are we talking about a 2013 with 6,000 miles?

Regarding the suspension... I'm probably not the best opinion but I feel the suspension on my R/T, which is stiffer than that of the SXT and the old Crew models, is just fine even on Detroit roads. Of course, I've only ever owned Intrepids, a Grand Prix, a 300M Special that is my fun-in-the-twisties car, and the Charger R/T Road & Track sport package that I traded for the Journey... I've always owned sport sedans with stiffer suspension systems than most cars. The 2013 Crew I tested in the late winter of this year was certainly more cushy than the 2014 R/T I wound up buying, but by no means is it uncomfortable. I know first hand that the SXT has a nice suspension is neither too soft nor too stiff.

I'm confused. How in the world does a 2013 have only 6 miles on it? Are you sure it isn't a 2015 with 6 miles, or are we talking about a 2013 with 6,000 miles?

If I remember correctly B4ZINGA your neck of the woods is like mine with a lot of Dodge Journeys out on the roads. I've driven through the U.S. and I was in shock that I did not see any...anywhere.....so if Dee is in one of those places where the Journey is not a big seller then I can see why it has never been sold yet.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Journey_SeXT is partially right. I live in a neighborhood, hood being operative word, where when someone goes into the dealer, money is no object. So they get the higher price vehicle, no expense spared, and normally trade it in for the next best thing. Some lady bought a crazy high priced sports car, I forget which one, out of NC, she drove it to MD, and traded it in when she got here, no problem. Lot's of used Jeeps sitting on the lot for the same reason, want something better, I need to impress. I'm sooo glad I don't need to impress anybody! .

And actually, it's not 6 miles, it's 4.4 miles, the Jeep I test drove was 6. So we have a lot of Hondas, Dodge, anything under $35K for that matter. Durangos, fly off the lot when loaded. And actually, there's 2-2013's sitting on the back lot, mine and a FWD blue one (winter Chill Pearl coat).

I'm pretty sure the 2015 Muranos will fly off the lot also. They have a lot of features and the back seat is made for parties.

Anything with a $40K+ price tag sells here, the car eh woman drove back from NC never made it to the lot. It was purchased as certified immediately. Most want SUV's around here with everything they can get.

It still doesn't make sense to me. With 4.4 miles, that means the car was loaded onto a hauler in Toluca in 2013, delivered to your dealer, and has sat for two years. That would explain why the price is so good, I just have a hard time understanding why a dealer would let a car sit on its lot untouched for 1.5-2 years. Must be a massive dealership.

I've heard of people buying cars and trading them pretty quick. That's how I got my Journey R/T. A guy bought it for his wife with 157 miles on it as a surprise gift while she was out of town. She returned, and hated it because she wanted more content. They traded it a month later with 1500 miles for a Grand Cherokee. The dealer must have driven it a lot after that, because I bought from them a month after it was traded with 2086 miles for almost $7k off MSRP. Their loss was my gain!

B4ZINGA, Part of he problem is advertising. As you turn off the main road to the dealership you have; Lincoln/Buick, Kia is behind the Lincoln dealer, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan, then the Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer. What do all the dealers have in common before getting to the Jeep/Dodge dealer? Advertising, those feel good commercials. They do advertise the Jeeps, one dealer is currently running a commercial for Ram truck leases. I'm not interested in a Ram truck, and there's no mention of anything else.

Frankly I wasn't even aware of the Journey truck until about a month ago when I seen one on the street, and only because I'm looking for a vehicle. With everyone else, their advertising makes them stand out. DJ looks like a Saturn SUV amongst all the competition. Not saying it actually looks like a Saturn, just that there's that few of them on the streets. Haven't seen another Journey since. It must get worse the further north you go, a dealer in Delaware has 40 Journey's on the lot.

Dodge could do one commercial; a man and woman, both looking on the lot, she eyes a car, he eyes a truck, they both settle on a Journey in the end. All basis covered.

LOL@Journey_SeXT!