Hi, to everyone!

Ray Morrow

My name is Ray Morrow, and I'm a retired Chrysler Engineer, from Huntsville Electronics. I've been involved in Test Engineering, Resident Engineering, and Quality Engineering, over the 28 Years I worked at Chrysler. I'm new to this forum, but excited about it. I ordered a 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad, Sept. 25. I now have a vin number ( 3C4PDDGG8FT578680 ) and was wondering if anyone can give me information on build status?

Hi Ray - welcome to the forum! First let me thank you for all of your efforts at Chrysler over your 28 year career there - they have turned out some fantastic products with your help!

I ran your VIN ( I work for a dealer) and your Journey went from D status (firm schedule, VIN assigned) to D1 which refers to what they call "gateline" - your VIN is now sequenced for production. No production date has been assigned but it will probably be built in about two weeks. MIne took about six weeks from order to delivery. Ordered April 6, 2013, built on the 25th, delivered to my store May 15. I was driving on the 18th. I'll watch it for you. Something's up with Chrysler's Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS) as mentioned to you in another thread, otherwise you'd be able to track it yourself. It's cool; I watched it on both VOTS and DealerConnect while mine was being built. The Crossroad is a very cool vehicle indeed; you will love it.

Edited by Journeyman425

Thanks for the help. I was quite impressed with the Journey Crossroad, and am looking forward to driving it. How did you like your new Journey? Thanks again...

I really love the car. I have said this numerous times in this forum - I did not expect to like it as much as I do. I've owned a 300M for 14 years and always thought that car would be a tough act to follow (I still drive it). But this car comes very close in overall driving dynamics, and in some areas exceeds it. The steering is quick and and very accurate. The brakes are very powerful and the pedal feel is right on. The build quality is excellent and and I've only had one problem with the car so far. It now has 26,700 miles. It is library quiet inside. But really, the best thing about it overall is that it's a perfect fit for my family. We always have enough room and there's so much useful and thoughtful storage. We're very comfortable in it and it feels very safe.

I've always owned Dodge trucks during the 28 years at Chrysler, Huntsville Electronics, and still have two. I've been playing golf with the same bunch of guys (all retired) for 25 years, and I needed something that will have enough room for 4 sets of golf clubs. We play every week, and now I will be able to get into the driver rotation, instead of having to hitch a ride with them, in one of their cars. I've been looking at this type vehicle since late July, and now am excited about it! I played golf last Friday, and told my golfing buddies, as soon as I get my new Dodge Journey, I'm driving us to breakfast, an then to the course. Thanks again... just waiting!