2013 Journey SXT "HERO"

Yeller Cat

Question... what is the "HERO" edition???

Just purchased a 2013 SXT and have been searching for a window sticker / build sheet... during my search I found some information that stated my VIN was a SXT HERO... just wondering what makes up this edition regarding options.

There is no emblems on the vehicle except SXT.

THANKS for any informaiton, J

SXT = Hero. No difference.

"The new Dodge brand lifestyle models are aimed at consumers who want the most out of life rather than models that indicate only how much they were able to afford with the previous good, better and best lineup,” a Chrysler spokesman said via email about the name changes. “They are also intended to convey our new attitude.”

Srarting with the 2010 Dodge Journey:

There are more variations now available in terms of packages, which bundle options together. Currently, you can get an SE for $20,490, and the next step up to the SXT jumps to $23,790. The new variations have added three trims that fall between what was the SE and SXT.

Formerly
SE, SXT, R/T

Now
Dodge Journey (no trim level designation) $20,320 17-inch aluminum wheels, cruise control, sunscreen glass, body-colored mirrors, floormats and passenger grab handles.

Dodge Journey Express $21,320
Adds a two-person third row for seven-passenger seating

Dodge Journey Hero $22,320
Adds 235 hp, 3.5-liter V-6 engine with dual exhausts paired with a six-speed transmission

Dodge Journey Hero with AWD $23,320
Adds all-wheel drive, 19-inch wheels

Dodge Journey Heat $24,320
Adds Uconnect phone, iPod control, Sirius Satellite Radio, auto-dimming rearview mirror, remote start, trip computer, HomeLink universal transceiver, tonneau cover, six premium speakers with subwoofer, a tri-folding cargo floor with additional storage space beneath, 19-inch aluminum wheels and large chromed-tip dual exhausts

Dodge Journey Crew $25,320
Adds third row for seven-passenger seating, automatic climate control, premium gauge cluster, rear DVD entertainment system, 19-inch painted machined wheels, body-colored side sills and chrome interior accents, roof rack and door handles,

Dodge Journey Uptown $29,320
Adds leather-trimmed seven-passenger seating, power sunroof, navigation system with 30GB hard drive and real-time traffic, backup camera, rear DVD entertainment system, 19-inch chrome wheels and chrome bodyside molding

THANKS for the information... very in depth and I appreciate your efforts.

I have seen SXT, Crew, R/T, Heat, Crossroads and maybe some others that slip my mind ID badging on the liftgate... mine has SXT badging and not HERO, so I assume that the "HERO" as well as some others, do not have any exterior or interior badging to identify???

If so, why bother if there is no ID to distinguish the models from each other???

THANKS for your efforts, J

Can you tell me more about the 30 GB Hard Drive? The 2011 Nitro that I traded had an RBZ Mygig, with a 30 GB Hard Drive. I loaded all of my music on to the Hard Drive, and did not have to put up with all of the crap that I am dealing with now: no album art, no album title, shuffle button grayed out, etc. When my Dealer removed my 8.4" screen, along with parts of the dash, to install my rear view camera, there was a silver box back there that the camera harness plugged in to. All of the radio speaker and radio power harnesses plugged into this, also. Exactly like a Mygig. In fact, this silver box looked identical to a Mygig, except that it had no screen! Is is possible to trade the box that I have for one with a 30 gig HD? Is such a beast even available? Is this where the 30GB HD would be located?

I was really ticked about this, because the salesman never told me that the 8.4 Uconnects did not have the 30 GB HD. As soon as I got my new DJ home, I was ready to reload my music. Alas, not to be. Now I am dealing with trying to play my music through the USB port, and nothing is working as it should. I am told by both Uconnect and Apple that it may be a couple of months for a fix. A couple of months? Are you kidding me?

I loaded my music from my iTunes library on my computer to an SD card. No album artwork. So, I ditched that plan when I found out that the art becomes an Apple proprietary file and can not be downloaded to anything except another Apple product. It was cheaper for me to upgrade to a 32GB iPhone 5s, from a 16GB than to buy an iPod. Now, because of iOS8, iTunes and Uconnect no longer play nicely together, Only some of my art displayed before the upgrade; now, none of it does.

This is the only thing that I really hate about my DJ. So, I just listen to Sirius until this is fixed.

Had I known that there was no 30 GB HD in the Journey, it probably would have been a deal breaker for me. I intended to purchase a Cherokee Trailhawk, but, it has the same radio and cost $10,000 more!

Can you tell me more about the 30 GB Hard Drive? The 2011 Nitro that I traded had an RBZ Mygig, with a 30 GB Hard Drive. I loaded all of my music on to the Hard Drive, and did not have to put up with all of the crap that I am dealing with now: no album art, no album title, shuffle button grayed out, etc. When my Dealer removed my 8.4" screen, along with parts of the dash, to install my rear view camera, there was a silver box back there that the camera harness plugged in to. All of the radio speaker and radio power harnesses plugged into this, also. Exactly like a Mygig. In fact, this silver box looked identical to a Mygig, except that it had no screen! Is is possible to trade the box that I have for one with a 30 gig HD? Is such a beast even available? Is this where the 30GB HD would be located?

I was really ticked about this, because the salesman never told me that the 8.4 Uconnects did not have the 30 GB HD. As soon as I got my new DJ home, I was ready to reload my music. Alas, not to be. Now I am dealing with trying to play my music through the USB port, and nothing is working as it should. I am told by both Uconnect and Apple that it may be a couple of months for a fix. A couple of months? Are you kidding me?

I loaded my music from my iTunes library on my computer to an SD card. No album artwork. So, I ditched that plan when I found out that the art becomes an Apple proprietary file and can not be downloaded to anything except another Apple product. It was cheaper for me to upgrade to a 32GB iPhone 5s, from a 16GB than to buy an iPod. Now, because of iOS8, iTunes and Uconnect no longer play nicely together, Only some of my art displayed before the upgrade; now, none of it does.

This is the only thing that I really hate about my DJ. So, I just listen to Sirius until this is fixed.

Had I known that there was no 30 GB HD in the Journey, it probably would have been a deal breaker for me. I intended to purchase a Cherokee Trailhawk, but, it has the same radio and cost $10,000 more!

I don't know anything other than what thepackages state. If yours should have had it and doesn't, then you have a leg to stand on. Otherwise, it was not standard equipment in whatever package you purchased.

Edited by jkeaton

I was under the impression that the 8.4" w/ Nav has the HD and that the other one does not... I'm not trying to be a dick, but it sounds like the real issue here is Apple. Not being able to copy music you purchased on to another device is pretty stupid. I would be irate...of course that is why the only Apple device in my household is owned by my wife (she needs a simple device that won't allow her to do anything, that way she can't break anything).

Maybe since I don't have Nav, I don't have the 30 GB HD. Anyone that has an 8.4 with Nav: can you load music onto the HD, and play it back from the HD? All of the Mygigs had a 30 GB HD, with or w/o Nav! And, I basically am irate because I have a new car does not work the way it is intended. Initially, before the iOS8 upgrade, I spent hours on the phone with Apple. Four albums that I had just downloaded from the iTunes store, the art for 3 out of 4 did not display! Apple was very friendly. One of the techs even gave me her personal contact information so I could keep her in the loop. Apple determined it to be a Uconnect issue. Uconnect no longer does business with Gracenote. Gracenote is the company that translates the artwork into digital form. If Uconnect is supposed to display the art, why would they stop working with the company that creates the files? But, once these files are loaded on to an Apple device, they belong to Apple. Stupid. I spent hours at Best Buy talking to their Apple guru. Ultimately, he couldn't help me because the radio in his car does not display artwork! It was days before he told me this.

Music is important enough to me, that if I could get my Nitro back, I would! It pisses me me off when something does not work the way it was intended.

Edited by dhh3

Maybe since I don't have Nav, I don't have the 30 GB HD. Anyone that has an 8.4 with Nav: can you load music onto the HD, and play it back from the HD? All of the Mygigs had a 30 GB HD, with or w/o Nav! And, I basically am irate because I have a new car does not work the way it is intended. Initially, before the iOS8 upgrade, I spent hours on the phone with Apple. Four albums that I had just downloaded from the iTunes store, the art for 3 out of 4 did not display! Apple was very friendly. One of the techs even gave me her personal contact information so I could keep her in the loop. Apple determined it to be a Uconnect issue. Uconnect no longer does business with Gracenote. Gracenote is the company that translates the artwork into digital form. If Uconnect is supposed to display the art, why would they stop working with the company that creates the files? But, once these files are loaded on to an Apple device, they belong to Apple. Stupid. I spent hours at Best Buy talking to their Apple guru. Ultimately, he couldn't help me because the radio in his car does not display artwork! It was days before he told me this.

Music is important enough to me, that if I could get my Nitro back, I would! It pisses me me off when something does not work the way it was intended.

I can understand your frustration (to an extent), but even if you had the HD it sounds like you still wouldn't get the artwork... So, is it the artwork that is the issue or the cataloging issue? If it is just the cataloging then they should have it addressed soon enough. It's just one of the pains of owning an Apple device. Seems like every iOS roll out has major issues right off of the bat. And, clearly they don't share with the industry until after they release there new operating systems, which causes issues like what you are experiencing. The POSITIVE about it being Apple related is that UConnect will have no choice other then to fix their software since so many people use Apple products for music and telephony services... Relax a bit and give it some time, this would have happened regardless of what brand or model car you are driving.

• 5 months later...