Seat Position and Mirror Memory

jeffhoward001

Hi All -

I was surprised to find out that none of the DJ trims come with seat position or side-mirror memory! I assumed that the entry level models wouldn't, but was surprised to see that it's also not offered on the Limited or R/T trims. This is a huge bummer because it's offered on the Durango, and I was excited to eventually see if I could source the hardware for it "upgrade" my 2012 DJ Crew.

Anyway does anyone know if there's aftermarket hardware for power seat position memory, or if you can source the Durango or Cherokee hardware are retrofit it to work with the DJ? It's a shame to have power seats and power mirrors, but not be able to save the different "positions" for different drivers (namely myself and my wife :)

Thanks,

Like yourself, I was disappointed that my Journey does not have this feature. I have a 2013 Crew which is the same as a current Limited. My 1999 and 2000 300M's both have this feature. It is controlled by the Memory Heated Seat Mirror Module (MHSMM) which cannot be fitted to the Journey as it interfaces with other modules. The Journey's wiring architecture does not support it.

Usually those features are found on more upscale (read: more expensive) vehicles. I've not become complacent enough to absolutely have to have the mirrors and seats move by themselves for me. Remember there was a day when power windows and air conditioning were options......

It's a highly useful feature for a two-driver car like our Journey is. With the 300M, pressing the unlock button on the remote puts the mirrors, driver's seat and the radio presets all back to my settings. When my wife uses the car, they all go back to her settings with her remote. Certainly not necessary but it is very, very convenient. JKeaton is correct in that those features are usually reserved for flagship models. The Durango, Grand Cherokee, and Chrysler 300 represent their respective top of the line.