Another r/t vs crossroad awd

Pmdguy

I'm thinking of purchasing a new DJ. I'm undecided about which one to get. I like the looks of the crossorad but it seems to be the same price fully loaded as the fully loaded r/t. The r/t come with better options standard that come only on the r/t. I definitely want the v6. I'm also undecided about awd vs fwd? I live in WI so the snow does get a little much at times. Just looking for other peoples opinions? I was going to use true car to get a break on the pricing.

Thanks Tim

Snow !!!!!!!

It depends on where you live/drive/distances travelled

plus the snow clearing abilities/efforts in those areas.

Needless to say we all think we are super capable drivers

when comes to snow but if your honest with yourself

that should solidify your choice and of course if your

retired you can always stay home.

As soon as I saw the DJ that I purchased in late June, I wanted it. But, when I got it home I realized that I purchased it too soon. No heated seats and no AWD. I have been assured by the forum that FWD performs well in the snow. I know that I will get better mpg's without carrying around the extra weight of AWD. There is a local Katzkin installer here so I can add heated seats (also recommended by the forum). I settled on the Crossroad because I was immediately hooked on its looks. I did not even look at any other DJs. I did get an DJ Brochure and none of what is on the R/T is of any interest to me, when compared to the Crossroad. The Crossroad wasn't even in the brochure! Once I install my 255/50R19 tires, mine will look as aggressive as the Red prototype Crossroad that Dodge has been showing around the country, but I have the added benefit of a much better color, IMHO!

Everyone of my friends are hooked on the looks of my DJ, and no one knew what it was until they saw the Dodge logo on the grill. The rest of the DJs must just blend in with traffic.

GO FOR THE CROSSROAD! LOL

Edited by dhh3

I'm leaning forwards the r/t becauase of the black and red stitch interior and a few other small things that come just on the r/t. I just love the looks crossroad tail lamps being smoked like that. I can always get the light tint kit put on them I give them the same look? Just wanting to hear other peoples opinions

I'm leaning forwards the r/t becauase of the black and red stitch interior and a few other small things that come just on the r/t. I just love the looks crossroad tail lamps being smoked like that. I can always get the light tint kit put on them I give them the same look? Just wanting to hear other peoples opinions

I like the looks of the Crossroad, but I still prefer my R/T Rallye. The perforated leather with red stitching is a throwback to my old Charger, and I'm a fan of anything that improves handling, steering, and lowers the ride height (my other half has a red blacktop SXT and there is definitely a difference in height and ride handling). The only thing I wish Dodge did was put the darkened tail lights of the Crossroad on to Rallye and Blacktop packages. It would complete them and complement the black headlights and body-color grille (black grille for Blacktop).

It also let me get the Rallye package which deletes the roof rails and helps it look more like a wagon than a crossover/van.

The Crossroad just has a very different appearance that doesn't appeal to me more than the R/T Rallye does, and does appeal to others. Pick whichever one you prefer!

I like the looks of the Crossroad, but I still prefer my R/T Rallye. The perforated leather with red stitching is a throwback to my old Charger, and I'm a fan of anything that improves handling, steering, and lowers the ride height (my other half has a red blacktop SXT and there is definitely a difference in height and ride handling). The only thing I wish Dodge did was put the darkened tail lights of the Crossroad on to Rallye and Blacktop packages. It would complete them and complement the black headlights and body-color grille (black grille for Blacktop).

It also let me get the Rallye package which deletes the roof rails and helps it look more like a wagon than a crossover/van.

The Crossroad just has a very different appearance that doesn't appeal to me more than the R/T Rallye does, and does appeal to others. Pick whichever one you prefer!

Just tint them yourself... A few coats of Niteshades, followed by a few coats of clear... Wet sand, polish and wax for a stunning finish. Should be able to get it all done in a matter of a few hours (spread over a couple days). I do this to all of my vehicles, just enough to make the red pop less, not so that you cannot see the tail lights.

While you're at it, do the reflectors in the bumper too.

Edited by Lobitz68

Just tint them yourself... A few coats of Niteshades, followed by a few coats of clear... Wet sand, polish and wax for a stunning finish. Should be able to get it all done in a matter of a few hours (spread over a couple days). I do this to all of my vehicles, just enough to make the red pop less, not so that you cannot see the tail lights.

While you're at it, do the reflectors in the bumper too.

I briefly considered that, but I've never been a fan of night-shaded tail lights. I get rear-ended annually as it is, and the only way it can look right is having a body shop use a two-part clear.

I briefly considered that, but I've never been a fan of night-shaded tail lights. I get rear-ended annually as it is, and the only way it can look right is having a body shop use a two-part clear.

You must have a bunch of hacks around you doing half-assed jobs... Mine has a finish like the paint...you can see yourself in them. As stated, mine are lightly tinted, not black. Its not worth getting in an accident over or getting harassed by law enforcement. Both of my current vehicles are done and the visibility of the tail lights is not impaired in the least. There is something to be said about doing it right. No body shop involved and mine look great.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never really looked at another DJ, but the "blacked out" appearance on my taillights seems to be on the inside, and not the red lens. So, it does not affect the light output. Are other DJ lights chrome around the LEDs? Mine are black.

I love the look of my R\T. I had mine special ordered without the 3rd row and no roof rack. It looks really sporty to me. I only wish I had the blacked out headlights, and they seem to be impossible to find.

Pull your stockers apart and paint them... Or, since it sounds like you have considered buying black ones, buy a pair of TYC replacements at RockAuto.com and paint those ones (they are easier to get apart than the stockers)... Should be about a 4 hour job at max, and the TYC's can be purchased for right around $200 shipped.

I would not get the cheapest replacements though, I would get the NSF certified ones (the ones I am referring to) or even the top end ones that TYC makes (though you will spend a tiny bit more for these).

Edited by Lobitz68