Will Dodge buy back my Journey?

jenniferose88

I posted on Tuesday about the electrical issues I've been having since purchasing my brand new Journey back in May.

I contacted Dodge, and they contacted my dealership. Dodge told the dealership to keep the journey as long as they needed to, and Dodge is paying for my rental car. My question is, I know each state has their own lemon law, and Indiana's lemon law states it must be attempted to be repaired at least 4 times or in their care for a total of 30 business days, all before 18,000 miles or 18 months from purchase.

I took the journey back to them Wednesday and was told it'd be mid-late next week before they can get to it. If this issue continues and my Journey does not get fixed properly, will Dodge buy back my car? And how does that process work? I'd actually rather them buy it back now, I don't even want the car with it having the issues it does, knowing that it might not fix the problem.

You have to file a lemon law complaint with your state. You MUST HAVE copies of EVERY TIME your car went in. If you didn't get a sheet from your dealer each time or threw it out, no dice. It takes a long time. Do not expect them to come to you and say gee we sold you a lemon, we'll buy it back. It can be done but it's a lot of work on your end. No cost to you ( at least in Illinois)....best of luck