Please help!, need advice installing bluetooh in a 8.4N

Bought a Dodge Journey on Monday. It was advertise with Bluetooth... unfortunately does not have it. (Off course we found out once it was at home...lol)

My Jourbey have a 8.4N screen, no phone button in the steering wheel, anyone have tried to install a Bluetooth command? The part that might be available is 82213152...

Dealership will paid for the part but want me to paid for the installations, just because they don't know if is going to work or not...

Please need advice... I hope someone have this problem before and can give me some answers...

THANKS!

Monica from British Columbia

I know!, is not that crazy!, I was very clear with them... I'm not paying for installations or any kind of labour!, saying that I advise them to call other dealership and get some answers... lol... just I hope to find someone here that was able to make that happen....

Monica.-

The car was advertise with Bluetooth, so they offer me or to buy a new car and off course paid $10,000 more or to paid the part what is 500 and for me to paid the installations... If it was advertise with Bluetooth they should find the way for me to have bouetooth without paying any extra. Already paid for the car... so...

I think the bluetooth is advertised if it has a certain trim level. I did my research before my purchase. I knew that by looking at the steering wheel if it had bluetooth or not. As stated, installation of bluetooth after the fact will cost you.

The car was advertise with Bluetooth, so they offer me or to buy a new car and off course paid $10,000 more or to paid the part what is 500 and for me to paid the installations... If it was advertise with Bluetooth they should find the way for me to have bouetooth without paying any extra. Already paid for the car... so...

The same thing happened when I got my 09. Walked back into the dealer, told them they falsely advertised the car. They added unconnected and paid for it all. It also was my 3rd car I bought from them over the years. While I don't have steering wheel control for some functions, I can control the volume and have full voice control. Also the mike is not in the mirror, but I put it next ti the sunglasses holder (if you will) and it works great. I wouldn't pay 2 cents for something they advertised was in the car. I'd spend the money on a lawyer or file a fraud complaint.

Tough call on this one... You have paperwork (window sticker, email communications, etc.) where they refer to the BT connectivity? If so, sounds like a no-brainer... If not, it's going to be tough. Hopefully the dealer is stand up enough about it to try and make you happy if there was no paperwork, but I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith into it. It is still a business after all...

For the bluetooth to work you need the main module and also the rear view mirror with the built in microphone they also have a kit with the external mic mounted on the dash.

:headscratch: I don't think that was in question....

To the OP, it has been done successfully numerous times. Tell the dealer that you have found people that have done it and to get the damn thing installed (for free)!

:headscratch: I don't think that was in question....

To the OP, it has been done successfully numerous times. Tell the dealer that you have found people that have done it and to get the damn thing installed (for free)!

My Jourbey have a 8.4N screen, no phone button in the steering wheel, anyone have tried to install a Bluetooth command? The part that might be available is 82213152...

This sounds like a question to me................

This sounds like a question to me................

The question was if anyone has done it before and if it worked, not what parts make up the system. The dealer has said they will order the parts, but they want to charge her to install them because they don't know if they will work and don't want to be out the labor. So while it is true that she asked a question, the answer you provided was to a different question...one that she did not post. Regardless, it is good information for someone else if they happen to stumble across this thread in a search...

Ahhhh..............I missed the part where the dealer didn't want to pay for labour.

The Bluetooth module has a Mini-USB connection that goes in the back of the 8.4 unit, it will work with a external mic on the dash.

They know it will work they just don't wan to pay for the install

With all of the horror stories I've heard...I wouldn't doubt if they were dumb enough not to know... Sad as that is.

I got charged for window tinting when it was already tintedfrom the factory. They claimed it had extra tint. Stupid me.

I bought my journey and it had no tint I got the dealer to throw it in, part of the deal was i wanted tint so it was written in the deal. After the deal done after the finance part I asked the salesman about the tint and apparently he forgot so I didn't get charged for it lol.

As for no bluetooth If it was advertised as there and it was not I would have picked out another journey that had it or I would have noticed and made them put it in before I signed.

Edited by xcaliber81