Approaching the One Year Mark

My 2013 Storm Gray Pearl with the Black Top Package, 3.6L, FWD, 5 seater (didn't need the 7 seater or want the AWD (don't believe its necessary)) awesome extra storage room under the floor in the back without those additional seats.

Almost 5000 miles young. Absolutely love the vehicle, the ride, the 8.4inch info stack, and the space to carry larger items. The V6 has awesome power for its size.

The Journey fits because its right sized, slightly bigger then the much heralded small CUVs (which I don't see what's so great about them) but slightly smaller than the big ones. I was not a fan of the Daimler take over, as they pilfered Chrysler & left them to die, :rant2: I would have to say this vehicle size was just right from that era. Didn't like that they dropped the Pacifica, which was ahead of it's time. :headscratch: I'll have to admit being a big Mopar fan so my bias will show.

Fortunately I have a short commute to work (6.5 miles one way, no thruway) but that also has a down side, as the car does not travel much over 50mph, with traffic lights, therefore impacts the gas mileage.

This past winter in Western NYS posed some serious weather conditions, from the down right cold days to many snowy ones as well. The heated seats & steering wheel worked flawlessly along with the remote starter. I wasn't looking for these items in the car when I purchased but so glad I had them this winter. Summertime this vehicle is just a joy to drive.

As everyone has posted many times about the OEM tires, in the snow are not the best, I would have enjoyed slightly more grip with a more aggressive tread pattern but you are supposed to drive to the conditions & not expect to set speed records. That being said, they worked fine for me & with only FWD, went through deep snow with ease.

So the gas mileage, I think the engine is still breaking in so I only believe it will get better. From day one I have yet to reset the MPG on the information center so as its stands today averaging 21.4MPG with a couple of longer trips of over 200 miles averaging around 27MPG, thruway. During the winter around 17MPG. When everything settles on I hoping somewhere upper teens to lower 20's.

One thing I which could be changed is the fuel filler door area, make it slightly larger or configure differently. Some how the gas pumps in this area have the anti splash shields which make it difficult to get the pump nozzle into the fuel filler neck.

Added items to the car, Curt trailer hitch for bicycle hitch mount, winter car mats, most recently added the SST door sill guards and the front bug deflector.

I hope all the fellow DJ owners have a great experience with their vehicles as I have so far with mine.

Mopar or No Car!! :):headspin:

• 3 months later...

Real close to the one year mark here. 2014 fwd v-6 black top...loaded no 3rd row, does have sunroof & nav. ZERO issues. We have owned many new and used vehicles in the past 30+ years. I could not be happier with this vehicle. We get compliments regularly. What a bargain as well. I have run into a few other DJ owners and the story is the same. Highly Satisfied Ownership. :worship:

I have had mine for a little over 5 months, and have not been to the dealer once, other to install items that I bargained for when I purchased it - rear view camera, molded mud guards, front license plate bracket and Radio Software update. Your excellent write up gives me a lot of confidence to look forward to in the remainder of my first year of ownership, especially driving in the snow with FWD. Thank you for the post.

Edited by dhh3

Our loaded R/T is coming up in one year, and has 33,000 km on it. Only issue we have had is that the disk player stopped working (disk is stuck and won't eject). I will have the dealer fix that under warranty when it is time for the next oil change, but the oil change intervals seem to be really long (I go by the sensor) so who knows when that will be.

It got a lot of kms this first year because my wife used it for her long commute, but now she has a company car so I don't expect we will put so many miles on the DJ from now on. Her company car is an AWD Infiniti Q50. Very nice and accelerates like a scalded cat but honestly, I kind of don't get the point of a sports sedan. The DJ has space for all our stuff, luxury features like leather, heated sets, NAV, keyless entry etc., and the UConnect 8.4 is awesome for someone like myself that doesn't want to take a 12-h course to learn how to operate the car. She's happy with her zippy little fancy car, and now I am happy to get to drive the DJ. The Wrangler Unlimited is going up for sale after Xmas. Nice truck but pretty brutish compared to the Journey! I am not ashamed to admit that I am getting a bit soft...

Our loaded R/T is coming up in one year, and has 33,000 km on it. Only issue we have had is that the disk player stopped working (disk is stuck and won't eject). I will have the dealer fix that under warranty when it is time for the next oil change, but the oil change intervals seem to be really long (I go by the sensor) so who knows when that will be.

It got a lot of kms this first year because my wife used it for her long commute, but now she has a company car so I don't expect we will put so many miles on the DJ from now on. Her company car is an AWD Infiniti Q50. Very nice and accelerates like a scalded cat but honestly, I kind of don't get the point of a sports sedan. The DJ has space for all our stuff, luxury features like leather, heated sets, NAV, keyless entry etc., and the UConnect 8.4 is awesome for someone like myself that doesn't want to take a 12-h course to learn how to operate the car. She's happy with her zippy little fancy car, and now I am happy to get to drive the DJ. The Wrangler Unlimited is going up for sale after Xmas. Nice truck but pretty brutish compared to the Journey! I am not ashamed to admit that I am getting a bit soft...

That's quite the company car...

That's quite the company car...

Well, she is a VP.

I got the chance to drive the Q50 in some melty slippery snow today. Honestly between the AWD, the snow tires and the electronic nannies, a person would really need to go out of their way to find a way to crash that thing. It really works wonderfully. I am very happy that I convinced her to get the AWD - I feel good knowing she has all of that technology keeping her safe.

Well, she is a VP.

I got the chance to drive the Q50 in some melty slippery snow today. Honestly between the AWD, the snow tires and the electronic nannies, a person would really need to go out of their way to find a way to crash that thing. It really works wonderfully. I am very happy that I convinced her to get the AWD - I feel good knowing she has all of that technology keeping her safe.

Ha! Well, that explains it... Yes, those are very nice vehicles.

• 3 months later...

I'm new here, and this is my first post. We are also approaching the one year mark - we're at 10 months and 1,750 miles.

We have the loaded R/T in Redline; we bought it in June of last year about a month after having bought a Redline Dart Limited (loaded as well).

The Journey has given us no reason for concern. We love it!.

I'm new here, and this is my first post. We are also approaching the one year mark - we're at 10 months and 1,750 miles.

We have the loaded R/T in Redline; we bought it in June of last year about a month after having bought a Redline Dart Limited (loaded as well).

The Journey has given us no reason for concern. We love it!.

Holy crap, that's some low mileage! We put that many miles on her in 3 weeks!