Well, had my first problem with the Journey today since we got it. Went to enter an address in the Nav screeen and got two messages - "Can't Unlock Maps" and "No Map Data Available". Scanned all the modules at work - no fault codes. Reset the radio - no change. Re-installed update discs that I used last spring - same. Contacted Chrysler - i need a new radio. Amazing to me since everything works normally except that my map data appears to be corrupted somehow. I figured that I could re-load the maps onto a memory stick and download them into the unit, but apparently I have to replace it.

It's for this reason that I bought a Lifetime Maximum Care service contract. I'm not worried about the engine and tranny failing; it's the damn electronics!

It's for this reason that I bought a Lifetime Maximum Care service contract. I'm not worried about the engine and tranny failing; it's the damn electronics!

Right! I did the exact same thing. Best $2800.00 I ever spent. I have the $100 deductible plan. The electronics are finicky. One day all is fine. The next, nothing. . .

I am currently waiting for some uconnect TSB updates from my dealer. Evidently they had to order disks with the updates on them. The electronics are awesome until they're not. HaHa. Good luck with your Nav.

Peace.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2015 Dodge Journey that just started doing the same thing.  I thought it might be from a recent update the dealership performed but it is not looking that way.  I live 75 miles from the dealership so it is not just a quick trip but I guess I am going to have to take it in.  You would think that if this is an issues there would be a recall????

8 hours ago, Kay Flanery said:

I have a 2015 Dodge Journey that just started doing the same thing.  I thought it might be from a recent update the dealership performed but it is not looking that way.  I live 75 miles from the dealership so it is not just a quick trip but I guess I am going to have to take it in.  You would think that if this is an issues there would be a recall????

There IS a recall (R65) - it is ineffective, but it exists.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me. Original radio lasted 15 months. Replacement lasted 7 months. Two trips to the dealer to get the replacement. Not even taking it back this time. Lease is up in February, thank god. Not even going to tell them about it.

2015 Journey AWD .