Rear Fog Lights

I just did the rear fog lights on my 2014. Got the 3 wire sockets and dual intensity led bulbs from http://taillight.xglobal.net/ . I made a harness that plugs into the 4 flat trailier harness plug. So now they are on low brightness with parking lights and full brightness with blinker or brakes. Looks really cool.

I'd love to see a video of this... Where in MN are you?

I'd love to see a video of this... Where in MN are you?

Cottage Grove, I have to have to do a video withthe flashers on.

I don't think it will change the dirt issue, I thing th edirt is comming from teh wheen well out so mayby some foil tape or good quality duct tape around the back of housing on the inside of the plastic bumper.

Cottage Grove, I have to have to do a video withthe flashers on.

I don't think it will change the dirt issue, I thing th edirt is comming from teh wheen well out so mayby some foil tape or good quality duct tape around the back of housing on the inside of the plastic bumper.

Good idea...

Thanks to the hint from Kevin in MN I got in contact with Taillight Solutions. They appeared to be very responsive and committed to consider custom craft a kit of rear fogs for DJ. The kit that I requested includes housing, bulbs (led dual intensity) and plug'n'play harness that will use the power from tail lights. You can look on the company's website how the kit works and installation instructions. I think installation with a custom harness should be pretty easy DIY.

Will anybody else, except for me, be interested in the kit so we can talk about the group buy with the company?

I installed mine a while ago, and forgot about this thread! And, I started it! Anyway, as I posted in post #18, I could not find universal sockets. Initially, I was going to tie mine into the rear powerport, but then they would be on all the time. When I figured out the wiring on the left outboard tail light,I was hoping to find dual sockets so I could tie them in with the brake/taillights since the turn signals are amber. But, again, no luck finding sockets. So, I went with the Mopar harness, which included single filament sockets, and modified it to work. Obviously, there are some universal sockets, as "Kevin in MN" found them. But, mine were already done. Mine are wired so that they come on as soon as I turn on my lights. So, here are the pictures that I should have posted in August!

Off_zps0824bb9d.jpg

I found the Satin Chrome surround on ebay. It comes close to matching the satin chrome piece on the bottom of my bumper. The light did help with the dirt issue on the bumper, but the molded mud guards seem to have almost eliminated it.

On_zps7162811e.jpg

TaillightsOn_zps5c760922.jpg

Taillights on. The Fog Lights are slightly brighter than the LED Taillights. This is more noticeable the darker it gets.

BrakelightsOn_zps77aebc6b.jpg

Brake Lights on. Here is is evident that these fog light bulbs are brighter than the LED Taillights, but not as bright as the LED Brake Lights. I apologize for not posting these sooner.

Edited by dhh3

I just did the rear fog lights on my 2014. Got the 3 wire sockets and dual intensity led bulbs from http://taillight.xglobal.net/ . I made a harness that plugs into the 4 flat trailier harness plug. So now they are on low brightness with parking lights and full brightness with blinker or brakes. Looks really cool.

I'm curious how you got the sockets. When I click on the link, it takes me to the Jeep SRT8, and states that you have to send in your corroded sockets in order to get a new set.

I'm curious how you got the sockets. When I click on the link, it takes me to the Jeep SRT8, and states that you have to send in your corroded sockets in order to get a new set.

The socket repair is for the Grand Cherokee tail lights. For the Rear fog light sockets you have to e-mail them http://taillight.xglobal.net/ I think I paid $25 for the pair.

I installed mine a while ago, and forgot about this thread! And, I started it! Anyway, as I posted in post #18, I could not find universal sockets. Initially, I was going to tie mine into the rear powerport, but then they would be on all the time. When I figured out the wiring on the left outboard tail light,I was hoping to find dual sockets so I could tie them in with the brake/taillights since the turn signals are amber. But, again, no luck finding sockets. So, I went with the Mopar harness, which included single filament sockets, and modified it to work. Obviously, there are some universal sockets, as "Kevin in MN" found them. But, mine were already done. Mine are wired so that they come on as soon as I turn on my lights. So, here are the pictures that I should have posted in August!

Off_zps0824bb9d.jpg

I found the Satin Chrome surround on ebay. It comes close to matching the satin chrome piece on the bottom of my bumper. The light did help with the dirt issue on the bumper, but the molded mud guards seem to have almost eliminated it.

On_zps7162811e.jpg

TaillightsOn_zps5c760922.jpg

Taillights on. The Fog Lights are slightly brighter than the LED Taillights. This is more noticeable the darker it gets.

BrakelightsOn_zps77aebc6b.jpg

Brake Lights on. Here is is evident that these fog light bulbs are brighter than the LED Taillights, but not as bright as the LED Brake Lights. I apologize for not posting these sooner.

Is that satin chrome piece factory or after market?

True. The front and rear bumpers are different, with the satin chrome pieces. The roof rails are also satin chrome along with a piece under the doors. The headlights and tail lights are blacked out and the grill is black. The mirrors and door handles are body colored. The interior is a cross between the Limited and R/T: silver stitching, black leather with perforated inserts. The wheels are unique, and are blacked chrome. The dash is called Liquid Graphite..

Front_zps5d5734c7.jpg

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

I have never seen another one like it. It was the only one at my Dealer's when I purchased it at the end of June.

Edited by dhh3

True. The front and rear bumpers are different, with the satin chrome pieces. The roof rails are also satin chrome along with a piece under the doors. The headlights and tail lights are blacked out and the grill is black. The mirrors and door handles are body colored. The interior is a cross between the Limited and R/T: silver stitching, black leather with perforated inserts. The wheels are unique, and are blacked chrome. The dash is also blacked chrome.

Front_zps5d5734c7.jpg

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

I have never seen another one like it. It was the only one at my Dealer's when I purchased it at the end of June.

The dash is black chrome??? Hmmm.... Sounds sexy.

So here is the feedback I got from Taillightsolutions:

"I am fairly positive that the 2014 Grand Cherokee rear fog kit will work for your application.

Thank you,
Ken"
The kit is $325 for halogen and $347 for LED. Damn expensive for a pair of connectors and a feet of wires :) (plus lamps). I think I'm not in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

True. The front and rear bumpers are different, with the satin chrome pieces. The roof rails are also satin chrome along with a piece under the doors. The headlights and tail lights are blacked out and the grill is black. The mirrors and door handles are body colored. The interior is a cross between the Limited and R/T: silver stitching, black leather with perforated inserts. The wheels are unique, and are blacked chrome. The dash is also blacked chrome.

Front_zps5d5734c7.jpg

LeftSide_zps441a8c5d.jpg

Hi. Isn't your front plate from Austria (in Europe)?

I apologize, but it's been a big curiosity. :)

Hi. Isn't your front plate from Austria (in Europe)?

I apologize, but it's been a big curiosity. :)

Yes, it is from Austria. The W and the Crest are from Vienna ((Wien) and the 23 F are my Indiana Plate Numbers. There is a place in Florida that makes them any way you want; from every country.

When I was still working, I had to travel to Austria 2 times to hunt down a new printing press for my Company. I fell in love with the countryside. Around 200 miles SW of Vienna, near Graz.

Edited by dhh3

Yes, it is from Austria. The W and the Crest are from Vienna ((Wien) and the 23 F are my Indiana Plate Numbers. There is a place in Florida that makes them any way you want; from every country.

When I was still working, I had to travel to Austria 2 times to hunt down a new printing press for my Company. I fell in love with the countryside. Around 200 miles SW of Austria, near Graz.

I haven't seen your plates, but you've peaked my curiosity... Are these plates legal, or since you don't need a front plate in Indiana, they just don't care? Have a link to the company in Florida?

I haven't seen your plates, but you've peaked my curiosity... Are these plates legal, or since you don't need a front plate in Indiana, they just don't care? Have a link to the company in Florida?

I was going to ask the same question. I can't even imagine putting another plate on the front bumper (in addition of mine, of course, not instead of), here, in Spain.