2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad 8.4N

Has anyone gotten hands free texting to work, with any smart phone at all? I pick my vehicle up on Friday and I would like this to work, I currently have the LG G2 from T-Mobile. What are you guys using for this? A quick Google search comes up with it does not work. Are there any aps that would work maybe?

Thanks!

I wasn't aware that hands-free texting was an option... but then I don't need my car to do that. From my R/T 8.4 (no nav) I haven't tried. I have a Moto X, which senses that I'm driving as soon as the car senses my fob approaching and fires up the electronics. Bluetooth pairs before I even get in. As people text me, the Moto X offers to read aloud the message, and then offers to send a reply via voice dictation...

I wasn't aware that hands-free texting was an option... but then I don't need my car to do that. From my R/T 8.4 (no nav) I haven't tried. I have a Moto X, which senses that I'm driving as soon as the car senses my fob approaching and fires up the electronics. Bluetooth pairs before I even get in. As people text me, the Moto X offers to read aloud the message, and then offers to send a reply via voice dictation...

It's not an option on the non-Nav unit... It is however in the manual for the Nav unit, but I haven't heard of anyone getting it to work.

I've never purchased a brand new car, but doesn't the dealer generally go over various features with new owners to avoid the fog associated with alien features? I would think they'd be happy to demonstrate it for someone spending so much money at once. It's worth asking the question of the salesperson who completes the delivery transaction. If he doesn't know, ask him if someone might know... there could be a Uconnect guru on site.

I've never purchased a brand new car, but doesn't the dealer generally go over various features with new owners to avoid the fog associated with alien features? I would think they'd be happy to demonstrate it for someone spending so much money at once. It's worth asking the question of the salesperson who completes the delivery transaction. If he doesn't know, ask him if someone might know... there could be a Uconnect guru on site.

Generally speaking, yes it is. However, this function seems to only work with one or two phone models and I doubt the salesperson keeps track of that much detail, nor do I think they should be expected to...

• 3 weeks later...

No! Just the great looking color with blacked out wheels and neat stitching on the door panels.

Edited by dhh3

You are saying that the phone reads the text and takes dictation, right? If not, you ARE the first person that I've heard of to get uconnect to do this.

Peace.