Acc Question.

xcaliber81

Bought a 2014 journey cvp.Just wondering how it works since I dont have an ignition? I went to the drive in and and used acc and the guage cluster lights were on the intire time as well as the drivers master switch was lit, also it would only run acc for like 20 mins or so leaving me to turn it back on again to acc.It was rather annoying.

• Official Dodge Support

Bought a 2014 journey cvp.Just wondering how it works since I dont have an ignition? I went to the drive in and and used acc and the guage cluster lights were on the intire time as well as the drivers master switch was lit, also it would only run acc for like 20 mins or so leaving me to turn it back on again to acc.It was rather annoying.

xcaliber81,

The accessory setting is very much like many of the older vehicles we're all used to.

I've not seen any vehicles timeout after 20 minutes though.

Also congrats on your new purchase !!!

I have a 2011, but I'm sure it is the same. The ACC or RUN positions will time out after 30 mins if the car is not running per the 2011 manual. That has been consistent with my experience, at least. So the shut off is normal, probably some battery save mechanism to prevent battery drain in the event that the car is accidentally left in the ACC position after parking.

Not to hijack your thread, but as long as we are on this subject, there is a statement in the manual that I remember when I first read my manual back in 2011 that I never understood and simply forgot about because it makes no sense to me, so here it is. I bolded the questionable statement. Maybe someone can straighten me out.

To Turn Off the Engine Using ENGINE
START/STOP Button
1. Place the shift lever in PARK, then press and release
the ENGINE START/STOP button.
2. The ignition switch will return to the OFF position.
3. If the shift lever is not in PARK, the ENGINE START/
STOP button must be held for two seconds and vehicle
speed must be above 5 mph (8 km/h) before the engine
will shut off. The ignition switch position will remain in
the ACC position until the shift lever is in PARK and the
button is pressed twice to the OFF position. If the shift
lever is not in PARK and the ENGINE START/STOP
button is pressed once, the EVIC (if equipped) will
display a “Vehicle Not In Park” message and the engine
will remain running. Never leave a vehicle out of the
PARK position, or it could roll.
NOTE: If the ignition switch is left in the ACC or RUN