Anyone know how to disassemble the side mirrors?

mthurston0001

I have the paint peeling problem and want to repaint the mirrors. I can paint them but after I removed the mirror from the vehicle I cant seem to figure out how to seperate the plastic peices (so I can paint the single section). I am afraid of damaging them if I try to figure it out on my own and I didn't see anything in the forums about it.

caps are easy to remove by reaching in you will see some little black plastic pieces holding caps in place use a small flat long screw driver and flip them up over and the cap will slide off . I think there are about 5or6 of them on bottom ,top ,and one maybe on side good luck

if you are not sure stop by some body shop or your dealership body shop with the mirror and they prob. will help you or show you how to do what you are wanting . i have done this with other problems and most places are willing to help you out for the goodwill gesture.

if you are not sure stop by some body shop or your dealership body shop with the mirror and they prob. will help you or show you how to do what you are wanting . i have done this with other problems and most places are willing to help you out for the goodwill gesture.

, That's probably a good idea. I don't think apellefigliodapollo and I are exactly on the same page. Meaning I don't have a clue as to what he is talking about! I don't see anything to pop a screwdriver under except in the part of the mirror where there is a tiny gap between the painted part towards the front of the car and the unpainted part towards the part with glass in it.

• 1 month later...

If you adjust the mirror up and in all the way you should be able to pull the mirror from the housing be careful though. I completely stripped the mirrors on my 94 grand cherokee down to just the plastic housing. I am aware they are different vehicles though.