radio sound working intermittently

No not a recall just customer complaint driven software

update that was driven by radio working intermittently

going to high volume etc.

If it is chargeable for 2012 units I can't really say,but it can vary

from dealer to dealer as some take their jobs seriously and others

will use any excuse to charge.

• Official Dodge Support

Sometimes when I start my car the radio comes on but no sound. In order to get it to work I have to turn off the car and restart. This works 95% of the time but is extremely annoying. Any ideas on cause and how to fix?

Desiree Mivelaz Johnson,

Have you had the opportunity to visit your local dealer to review the radio concern?

A flash update may be available to resolve the concern, your dealer will identify accordingly.

Keep us posted if you can, thanks!

I called today. They want $100 just to look at the vehicle and determine if anything needs to be done. Nothing in system about recalls or service bulletins needed for my vehicle. I knew there wouldn't be since it's not a recall. I told them I know what the problem is and what needs to be done but they won't do anything based off my opinion. I'll just continue to restart my car as needed. Really annoying when traveling though.

so 2012 year are you over the 3year/36k warranty i assume so but you gave us limted info, if you are close but over on the mileage i say do like bigstar said and i would def. use a different dealer and dont call them go by and talk to the service manager and they will prob. work with you.. good luck and keep us posted.

I agree with bigtsr and 2late4u about seeking assistance from another dealer. Some dealers understand what the benefits of good customer service is, but others not so much. You could also call the customer care centre and explain your problem. The U.S number is 800-423-6343 and the Canadian number is 800-465-2001. Good luck!