2013 DJ Black Top

RedStage

I come from a world of tuner cars, mostly Nissan and Subaru. I was stationed in Japan for 16.5 years while serving in the Navy. Wife convinced me to buy something more practical....

I love my Journey...but I can never leave well enough alone...

Added WeatherTech Window Vent Visors, WeatherTech Front Deflector, Tinted the front windows and a banner added to the windshield. I also had some Nerf bars powder coated black and added today.

Still toying with the idea of lowering it a bit with the H&R springs and having a Magnaflow added....

post-6882-0-22087700-1403565152_thumb.jp

post-6882-0-29542300-1403565165_thumb.jp

post-6882-0-28276000-1403565190_thumb.jp

post-6882-0-03107200-1403565206_thumb.jp

Edited by RedStage

Thanks for the compliments. She's an SXT AWD.

No other plans. Not sure If I will do the exhaust, but I do want to look into lowering her a bit.

I would like to do intake and exhaust, but I don't see much in the way of intake options out there.

No other plans. Not sure If I will do the exhaust, but I do want to look into lowering her a bit.

I would like to do intake and exhaust, but I don't see much in the way of intake options out there.

I'm not sure if anyone has lowered the AWD using the H&R springs yet... Everywhere I've looked they are designated as FWD springs. I haven't seen the suspension on a FWD to compare to my AWD. If you do it, please post results...

I don't get it, what is an intake going to do for this vehicle? That's probably why theres none out there. An exhaust wont do much except add more noise and drone while you drive.

I don't get it, what is an intake going to do for this vehicle? That's probably why theres none out there. An exhaust wont do much except add more noise and drone while you drive.

Same thing they do for ALL vehicles... create less turbulent airflow and increase air flow, therefore creating the potential for increased horsepower, improved sound and better fuel economy. Couple that with a high flow exhaust and you will see gains in HP, torque, mileage and sound. You don't need a sports car to add an intake and exhaust.

Right, but without a proper tune, its useless...basically.

The vehicle will likely adapt to it with all of the computer interaction, but you still get the benefit of sound and appearance at a minimum... Could always reset the computer every once in a while too. Some people just like to tinker with their vehicles. I am one of them, but I haven't done any intake or exhaust mods on my last two because I figured the computer would just adapt to it and nullify gains. Getting too old and crabby to deal with the sound anymore...

• 1 month later...

I come from a world of tuner cars, mostly Nissan and Subaru. I was stationed in Japan for 16.5 years while serving in the Navy. Wife convinced me to buy something more practical....

I love my Journey...but I can never leave well enough alone...

Added WeatherTech Window Vent Visors, WeatherTech Front Deflector, Tinted the front windows and a banner added to the windshield. I also had some Nerf bars powder coated black and added today.

Still toying with the idea of lowering it a bit with the H&R springs and having a Magnaflow added....

attachicon.gif10494807_10152075454101793_1319343348129349496_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10502540_10152075454121793_2656721982512130900_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10436257_10152075454116793_1457726399382061306_n.jpg

Are the nerf bars universal fit or vehicle specific and we're there ordered online?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if it is the spring rates or shock rates that differ. I think it is just the shock rates. AWD Journeys are fitted with Performance Suspension, presumably to handle the extra weight of the AWD system. R/T versions offer yet another level of shock damping above the Performance-spec shocks. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between an AWD Crew and my FWD in terms of ride. Our friends have a 2014 AWD R/T and that one does feel a bit stiffer over bumps and has a little less roll in turns.