So I didnt get the backup camera on my 14 crossroads BUT it looks like the camera is installed already? Theres appears to be a camera on the top of the rear door next to the tail light bar. Is this something that can be added later, or does it just need to be hooked up somehow? I dont know why it would be there otherwise.

i am having a back up cam installed today on my 2014 crossroad had to have them order the unit 305 is the list price thur mopar and got them to install it for 90 they wanted 170 but i got a little loud with them since i just bought the car from them and also had a back up cam installed on my last journey about 4 months ago. also i have the 8.4 screen. have the dealer run your vin # to make sure your radio is compatable with the back up cam. also my parts dealer was a new guy and at first said it couldnt be done but he finally got the right parts list up and said hey we can do it. go to the mopar partsweb site and it will show you the cars that the back up cam fits and with what radios.. good luck

Is it the round thing to the left of the brake lamp? That is the wiper fluid sprayer...

I believe that the back up camera is directly above the center of the rear license plate bracket. Attached to the underside of the door where the handle is.

Edited by Lobitz68

www.mopar.com/ then click on dodge then click on journey and then scroll down to the back up cam it will fit your crossroad with the right radio in there which i am sure you have . like i said 305 retail dealer install about 90. they also have to add the sales code to your vin for it to work. since i am a chrysler ret. i get 25% off parts so about 225. plus the install of 90 they tried to raise it to 170 but i said no and started to walk out and they came after me and said they would do it for the 90. so check it out all mopar parts covered by the dodge warrenty. well just got my cross road back got the cam installed and also had heated seats put in but since they were put in aftermarket the passenger side could not have the heat put in the seat bottom just the back which was okay because of a weight senser in the seat bottom for the air bags if it comes from the factory with heated seats they use a different senser oh well at least it will help heat my wifes badck and that was all that matters because a happy wife makes a happy life......

Edited by 2late4u

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the camera installed as we speak. Tech thought that the car was already wired for the camera because there was a harness with a jack that plugged in. No good. Maybe this is for the back up sensors in the bumper.

The camera replaces the black assembly above the rear license plate, including the lights.

Can you give me more information on the heated seats, as they are controlled by the touch screen? Thank you.

I am having the camera installed as we speak. Tech thought that the car was already wired for the camera because there was a harness with a jack that plugged in. No good. Maybe this is for the back up sensors in the bumper.

The camera replaces the black assembly above the rear license plate, including the lights.

Can you give me more information on the heated seats, as they are controlled by the touch screen? Thank you.

no they are after market made by kat skin they were rec. to me by my sales rep at the dealer that is who they use when not able to do mopar. that said the switch is installed on the bottom side of the seat. and you have to manually turn them off when not needed, but they do shut off when the car is shut off. they work very good but do wish they could have been like OME.cost was $505. tax included...if you are able you can u tube on how to do it your self and save alot if you can, getting to old to try and learn new things like this lol good luck

Edited by 2late4u