A/C condensate tube

Has anyone had an issue with the condensate from the air conditioner dripping onto a crossmember and causing large rust stains under the vehicle? (photo attached).

The dealership says that they are unable to re-route the condensate tube, so they coat the crossmember to stop the rust. They coated it in September 2013, and again today.

Seems like this shouldn't be a big deal to fix...

Thanks.

post-9026-0-50282200-1401910212_thumb.jp

I have had mine almost 3 yrs and it does not do this,again a dealer

that is not willing to go the extra mile.

Find a good mechanic have it re-routed or an extension added to it

and divert the water path.

• 1 month later...

Update: It was not the concrete or a/c condensate tube. After being told again that they were unable to correct the issue, I asked them to put the vehicle back on the lift. after poking around and looking at everything under the vehicle with the service team, one of the guys discivered a large dry rust spot on the front edge of the bumper cowl. After sticking his head up inside the drivers side wheel well, he saw the issue. The battery tray had corroded to the point that it was literally flaking apart. They believe that at one point in time a battery had leaded onto the tray and started to corrode it. A new tray was ordered under warranty and an appointment was set to replace the tray.

Now to try and clean the driveway...

post-9026-0-98353100-1406049067_thumb.jp

post-9026-0-78415100-1406049215_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

do you still have the vehicle and has the problem been resolved. I have exactly same stains on driveway but battery tray is in good condition.

Dealer supposedly checked with no negative results. Any thoughts?

Would also like to know if you were able to remove stains from driveway as they are unsightly.

• 5 months later...