2013 Dodge Journey SXT

DJSXT14

Hey Guys!

New here. Got myself a left over brand new 2013 Journey V6 on March 31st. It's a FWD SXT model, but has some bells and whistles, some of which are:

LED interior lighting
8.4 TouchScreen

Alpine Stereo System w/Subwoofer & Amplifier

Third Row Seats

Remote Start..etc.

Individually, theres alot to list. It's a nice step up from the stock models I saw.

The option packages on the car, which some of the above features are attributed to are:

Customer Preferred Package 28E

Flexible Seating Group

Popular Equipment Group

3.6-Liter V6 24 Valve VVT Engine Group, which ill specify:

-Dual Bright Exhaust Tips

-Engine Oil Cooler

-Touring Suspension

The color is very nice, and its seemingly the most metallic paint job I've seen, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl.

...Well, only into a week of enjoying the car, some dumb ass ran a stop sign and barrelled right into the front/side.. 9.5k in damage! How do you like that, brand new car, first week and BAM, $10K in damage! Anyway, of course, the important thing, being no one was hurt, but the BITCH that hit me was a on of those callous, disconnected elitist-minded folks, no apology, no nothing! She was driving a Range Rover by the way.. the nerve.. lol!

Anyway, car was in the body shop for 4+ weeks. Just got her back Friday the 16th. Yeah, they did a good job, yeah it looks fine, but i know the subtle imperfections.. whatever.

So, the car has about 750 miles on it.. drives very well, transmission is the smoothest I've ever felt quite frankly, i thought it was a CVT at first, how smoothly is shifts! The V6 is peppy, rated at 283HP, not a race car, but peppy.

What else, seems like it was a good buy, since it was a left over and the dealer was anxious, I got the truck for $24,380. Not too shabby!

Oh, there's one thing, the car has a persistent power steering type sound at all times, especially when turning the wheel in transit.. i've read that this is a normal Journey thing? It would be first car I've ever owned that had a power steering (or some other howling/rotary sound) as a normal thing. It's actually annoying, wondering if other folks have had this eliminated?

Cheers fellow Journey Droogies!

DJSXT14

• Official Dodge Support

Hey Guys!

New here. Got myself a left over brand new 2013 Journey V6 on March 31st. It's a FWD SXT model, but has some bells and whistles, some of which are:

LED interior lighting

8.4 TouchScreen

Alpine Stereo System w/Subwoofer & Amplifier

Third Row Seats

Remote Start..etc.

Individually, theres alot to list. It's a nice step up from the stock models I saw.

The option packages on the car, which some of the above features are attributed to are:

Customer Preferred Package 28E

Flexible Seating Group

Popular Equipment Group

3.6-Liter V6 24 Valve VVT Engine Group, which ill specify:

-Dual Bright Exhaust Tips

-Engine Oil Cooler

-Touring Suspension

The color is very nice, and its seemingly the most metallic paint job I've seen, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl.

...Well, only into a week of enjoying the car, some dumb ass ran a stop sign and barrelled right into the front/side.. 9.5k in damage! How do you like that, brand new car, first week and BAM, $10K in damage! Anyway, of course, the important thing, being no one was hurt, but the BITCH that hit me was a on of those callous, disconnected elitist-minded folks, no apology, no nothing! She was driving a Range Rover by the way.. the nerve.. lol!

Anyway, car was in the body shop for 4+ weeks. Just got her back Friday the 16th. Yeah, they did a good job, yeah it looks fine, but i know the subtle imperfections.. whatever.

So, the car has about 750 miles on it.. drives very well, transmission is the smoothest I've ever felt quite frankly, i thought it was a CVT at first, how smoothly is shifts! The V6 is peppy, rated at 283HP, not a race car, but peppy.

What else, seems like it was a good buy, since it was a left over and the dealer was anxious, I got the truck for $24,380. Not too shabby!

Oh, there's one thing, the car has a persistent power steering type sound at all times, especially when turning the wheel in transit.. i've read that this is a normal Journey thing? It would be first car I've ever owned that had a power steering (or some other howling/rotary sound) as a normal thing. It's actually annoying, wondering if other folks have had this eliminated?

Cheers fellow Journey Droogies!

DJSXT14

Glad to hear no one was hurt and the vehicle was repaired. Did you experience the power steering noise prior to the repairs? Has the power steering fluid level been checked? It is noted in the service manual that the power steering pump growl/moan/groan results from the development of high pressure fluid flow. Normally this noise level should not be high enough to be objectionable. Since your vehicle is still under warranty, the dealer can inspect and determine if there is an issue.

Oh man I would have been PISSED getting hit in my brand new vehicle. My DJ doesn't have any power steering noise. The only complaint on the forum is in extreme cold weather, the DJ power steering will squeel for the first couple of seconds after a cold engine start; other than that no noise.

My DJ doesn't have any power steering noise. The only complaint on the forum is in extreme cold weather, the DJ power steering will squeel for the first couple of seconds after a cold engine start; other than that no noise.

I don't have the squeal but this year I burst my power steering lines twice in the extremely cold winter we had. When talking to the Service Department at my dealer they said it was not uncommon to see this happening in extremely cold weather.

Terry