First dealer visit

jkeaton

Well, we have had our 2013 SXT for about 6 months now, bought used from Carmax with just under 13,000 miles, we now have @17,000 miles. Got a "free 23 point check" coupon from our local Dodge dealer, so I wanted to get it in and have it checked over, get it into their system, etc. Getting ready for a 1600 mile round trip to Chicago next week, so wanted to get things checked out. The only issues I have noticed are a clunk in the trans when going from rev to drive and drive to rev sometimes and the (to me) too soon upshifts into higher gears.

Everything checked out fine on it. They did 3 "flash updates" and wanted to see if anyone knows what exactly was updated (my wife took it in, so she did not think to ask). I know the pcm is powertrain and the bcm is body, sccm has me stumped.....

1. Software flash for PCM FLASH1
  2. Software flash for BCM FLASH2
  3. Software flash for SCCM FLASH3
Edited by jkeaton

• Official Dodge Support

Well, we have had our 2013 SXT for about 6 months now, bought used from Carmax with just under 13,000 miles, we now have @17,000 miles. Got a "free 23 point check" coupon from our local Dodge dealer, so I wanted to get it in and have it checked over, get it into their system, etc. Getting ready for a 1600 mile round trip to Chicago next week, so wanted to get things checked out. The only issues I have noticed are a clunk in the trans when going from rev to drive and drive to rev sometimes and the (to me) too soon upshifts into higher gears.

Everything checked out fine on it. They did 3 "flash updates" and wanted to see if anyone knows what exactly was updated (my wife took it in, so she did not think to ask). I know the pcm is powertrain and the bcm is body, sccm has me stumped.....

1. Software flash for PCM FLASH1
  2. Software flash for BCM FLASH2
  3. Software flash for SCCM FLASH3

The SCCM is for the steering column control module. To reprogram with the latest software.

• Official Dodge Support

Thanks Regina....any way to findout what the updates are supposed to fix/update??

The dealer will have to provide further details on the why (could have been stored or active codes), however, a software flash updates the modules (pcm-powertrain control module & bcm-body control module) with the latest software based on specific conditions/symptoms. There is a technical service bulletin 08-010-14 for a sccm software flash update-cruise control slow or no response. A pcm flash can address driveability/shifting concerns in which you mentioned about your transmission.