Replacement bulbs for headlights...suggestions

I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs on the 2014 DJ CVP...they just aren't bright enough at night. I have read a lot about HIDs and how they take time to warm up and all that....being that I am here in Canada, probably not the best option for me.

What would you lot recommend as the most cost effective replacement option to swap the bulbs out, and where to purchase from.

Additionally, I ordered a CANBUS dome/map LED bulbs over a month ago from China....no delivery yet and am not hearing from seller. Anybody know of a local/north americal seller that will ship to Canada? I like the BLUE colour in particular

Cheers

Silverstars for headlights. Stay away from HID in factory housings. You will accomplish nothing but blinding oncoming drivers unless you convert the housings to prpoer projector housings meant for HID's. I've ordered stuff from China before, sometimes it can take as long as over a month , especially if it gets caught in customs.

I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs on the 2014 DJ CVP...they just aren't bright enough at night. I have read a lot about HIDs and how they take time to warm up and all that....being that I am here in Canada, probably not the best option for me.

What would you lot recommend as the most cost effective replacement option to swap the bulbs out, and where to purchase from.

Additionally, I ordered a CANBUS dome/map LED bulbs over a month ago from China....no delivery yet and am not hearing from seller. Anybody know of a local/north americal seller that will ship to Canada? I like the BLUE colour in particular

Cheers

The warm up process is only a few seconds like about 10 seconds but when you turn them on they do turn on immediately and gradually get brighter over the 10 second or so process and are available in the blue tint like you say you like. If you had them im sure you would like them cause they are really bright. Ive used really bright Halogen bulbs in the past that are also really bright but they only last for about 6 to 9 months.

Your best option is a proper HID projector retrofit. It sounds like that is a lot more than you are interested in, so I would go HIR. I posted some interesting statistical info on halogen bulbs vs HIR bulbs (general information) in another post in this section of the forum. Easily the best option for not much more than the Silverstars that everyone loves. The HIRs will blow away the Silverstars (which isn't tough, but they do it well).

Silverstars for headlights. Stay away from HID in factory housings. You will accomplish nothing but blinding oncoming drivers unless you convert the housings to prpoer projector housings meant for HID's. I've ordered stuff from China before, sometimes it can take as long as over a month , especially if it gets caught in customs.

Ive had my HID's in the factory housing without any projectors for a while now and havent had any on coming traffic flashing me for being to bright. I love my lights, Ive had Silverstar's and HIR's before and I like the HID's the best.

Ive had my HID's in the factory housing without any projectors for a while now and havent had any on coming traffic flashing me for being to bright. I love my lights, Ive had Silverstar's and HIR's before and I like the HID's the best.

The DJ has a decent cutoff and I'm not going to bash you for how you did your lights. But, if you compare your output to the output on a set of HID projectors, the difference is night and day. That's all I was saying...that the best output will come from that setup.

Edited by Lobitz68

Cheapest option is HID's. Many people on here have had great results with the stock headlight reflectors and HID's...they do a pretty decent cutoff. Obviously not as good a custom projector retrofit...but now your talking $50 for HID's vs $400+ for projector HID retrofit.

Silverstars are a joke, they cost the same as HID's and literally only last 6 months or so before popping. And they barely improve light output compared to stock bulbs. I've tried silverstars on two previous cars and they sucked big time for both of them.

The DJ has a decent cutoff and I'm not going to bash you for how you did your lights. But, if you compare your output to the output on a set of HID projectors, the difference is night and day. That's all I was saying...that the best output will come from that setup.

I would agree with you on that, I just didnt want to pay the extra money for the projectors. Im sure your correct in your point though.

I hear you... Did you ever get your housing back? They were getting blacked out weren't they?

They are in transit back to me right now. I should have them back on Tuesday April 22nd. Then I want to get the front plastic protected before I put them on. I want to protect my investment. Ive seen pictures of them and they look awesome. I had them add just a little red to them to go with the little bit of red that I have on my Journey.