there somebody using xtreme white headlight for thier DJ

I'm thinking to replace my dj old headlight to a better or brighter headlight bulb, is there somebody here did already? i saw there's a extreme white headlight bulb using it (but different car) what brand or how much do I cost for me for the bulb? thanks guys

• 2 months later...

This is something that i dont understand but really interested in! Having higher output for my head light.. Is HIR lightbulb is a plug and play! If so i'll be changing mine with it.

I had a terrible experience driving night on out last road trip. Im driving @ 110kph on yellowhead highway! And i actually didnt see the road, no reflector or what so ever! The only guide i have is my nav because it shows in guide if theres a sharp turn ahead! And also those head light of oncoming vehicle on other lane! My main concern is light range. Stock light is bright enough but just in front of the car!

They have a small plastic tab that needs to be cut off with a razor blade, but other than that they are a direct replacement.

I donk know if i've seen one before for i know nothing about types of bulb. I just wanna ask your opinion or other forum member opinions. Is there a difference between my stock 2012 R/T. Is it wothy?? As i've said im not much on color of light, im interested more on output so that i can see farther ahead of the road on night time driving!

I donk know if i've seen one before for i know nothing about types of bulb. I just wanna ask your opinion or other forum member opinions. Is there a difference between my stock 2012 R/T. Is it wothy?? As i've said im not much on color of light, im interested more on output so that i can see farther ahead of the road on night time driving!

It's not a color things, it's a lumens thing. A 9011 HIR bulb replaces your high beams (9005) and a 9012 HIR bulb replaces your low beams (9006). I believe Phillips is the only company currently manufacturing these bulbs.

A stock 9006 bulb (low beam) is 55 watts and puts out approx. 1,006 lumens with a life expectancy of approx. 360 hours. The HIR equivalent bulb (9012) is also 55 watts and puts out approx. 1,875 lumens and has a life expectancy of approx. 1,000 hours. That's a 86% increase in lumens (how bright the light is) and a 178% increase in life of the bulb.

A stock 9005 bulb (high beam) is 65 watts and puts out approx. 1,700 lumens with a life expectancy of approx. 350 hours. The HIR equivalent bulb (9011) is also 65 watts and puts out approx. 2,530 lumens and has a life expectancy of approx. 400 hours. That's a 49% increase in lumens (how bright the light is) and a 14% increase in life of the bulb.

Instruction for trimming the tab can be seen here: http://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html

Edited by Lobitz68

Ok im educated about HIR bulb. Thank you folks!! :-) now can anybody show me how to install it. Providing i have knowledged to trim the bulb shank! How can i take out head light of dodge journey!

Unplug the wires on the back of the bulb, twist the bulb and pull... piece of cake.

Has anyone tryed ZXE silverstar in there DJ"s Suppose to be new out ????

I have not. I would do your research about bulb life, lumens and cost before determining what you want. Their isn't typically much room for improvement on a standardized bulb and any slight improvement may be quickly negated by cost and bulb life.