Just got a 2014 R/T

2014R/T

Hey all just got a 2014 R/T. 7 pass Black with Blacktop 19's. Dealer swapped them out to make the deal happen. Was in the market for a Trail hawk Cherokee didn't like it and spotted the 7 passenger R/T and it fit the bill much better. Got rid of my custom ordered 2012 Ram 150O Crew Laramie with a 4"drop on 22's.

So far liking the R/T and not dropping $100 in the tank every week. Mods so far, FM ported TBody, K&N Avenger Typhoon CAI, H&R drop springs sitting in the garage waitng for me to install. 5% blackout tint. Soon a custom tune, don't ask! ;-) Full LED swap with no issues. And BlackTop 19's. Soon going to swap out for black GC SRT8 staggered 20's.

Sean

Edited by 2014R/T

Hey thanks all. Already spoke to RIPP and they will not be developing a supercharger for the Journey unless there is a demand for it. Anyone know of a NOS kit that will work? I wouldn't mind a 50 or 100 shot. And any help in pointing me in the direction of an LSD would be great.

Bloody hell Sean.....welcome to the forum, and congrats on the Motor. Those mods sound nice, do share pics of the individual mods when you get some time please, it helps put things into perspective i.e. talk is cheap and all that :)

Why the Avenger K&N CAI filter?

Lol, alright I will try to get some pics up. I went with the K&N Typhoon kit for the Avenger cause it is basically a direct fit. I cracked open the hood on 3.6l Avenger at the stealership and it looked almost identical to my Journey except the Avenger has less hood clearance. And I was right it bolted right in except for on bolt that does not matter.

Can you elaborate more on the Tune???

Hmmmm, well since you twisted my arm. OK so I have been working with the most well known performance company located in Sanford Florida since 2002. Its not hard for you to figure out who it is. I have become very friendly with the staff there over the years, so much so I would hang out with the engineer in charge of new product development outside the office. Attend Christmas parties and such at there residence and the like. Any way with my previous two Hemi Rams I was their Alpha tester. I would get products and tunes even before the Beta testers. You can search me over on dodgetalk.com user name ShadowQuadCab. So now you know a little about my history with them.

So I just helped them work out a bug in the software for my 2012 Ram about two weeks before I got my Journey. So I called them up last week and asked if they could install the tune for the 3.6l Wrangler in my Journey. I was told it won't currently tune the Journey ECU but they have plans on making it work. I know the lead engineer wants to do it because he drives a Jeep GC with the 3.6l and he wants to tune that too.So he told me when they get around to his GC they are going to try and get the 3.6l Journey in too. It could be a couple of months though. But when they do they will be using my R/T for testing.

I will tell you this, the way things get done over there is by priority demand. If they get enough requests for a product they turn there focus to it if the demand is great enough. And then the product will be available that much sooner. So everyone on here needs to start blowing up the phones over at Superchips if you want to see the product sooner.

Edited by 2014R/T

i JUST NOTICED YOUR SCREEN NAME 2014R/T, HAHAHA WHAT A COINCIDENCE IM 2013R/T.. ans Superchips huh... i like the competion better.. thats wonderful though that there going to in the future offer something... also that your a test mule, or well your vehicles are...thats cool. do u get free tuners too lol. jk no need to answer...

Yes I do get free swag. As far as the competition, Diablow is pretty much a joke. They toasted my buddies transmission when he went to their facility for testing and completely denied it. After the truck was brought back to "stock" he tried to get it fixed under warranty. Dealer scanned his ECU and even though it ran like a stock vehicle there was still some residule code left from Diablow and his warranty was voided on a brand new truck. I tried the Infinity tuner last year for 3 weeks and nothing but issues. They sent me 6 custom tunes to try to fix the issues and they never got it right. My truck consistently ran 7 tenths slower on their 93 tune then it did on the stock tune. I learned my lesson, lol. I also spoke to them about a tune for the Journey cause they have tuning for the Avenger. They said they have no plans to tune a Journey.

I have a 2010 Journey and I have it tuned with the Hypertech Max Programmer, a K&N filter and a Magna Flow Exhaust System. Is there anything more I can do to it as far as a chip or something? I dont want to change out the heads or cam. Im just wondering if there's anything more that can be done.

You can get a ported t-body. I got a FM T-body on Ebay cheap. I don't particularly care for the quality of his work but it was cheap. Being a tool and die maker and a cnc machinist I use to port my own. They were like a work of art. You can Google "sqc throttle body". Or you can check with Moes Performance too. The 4.7l body is the same. You could probably piece together your own nitrous kit. Like a 50 shot or something.

Me too! I just have to get around to doing it. The back looks easy the front looks like a mofo! I called H&R and they said they heard the springs fit a 2014 but they have not tried it yet so there is no guarantee. Off the record they said there is no difference between the 13 and 14. I called the parts department at my local dealer and they confirmed the part #'s are the same for a 13 and 14.

Edited by 2014R/T

• 1 month later...

Sorry bro nothing on the tune so far but I am patiently waiting for something. Superchips is currently working on the Diesel Ram 150 so hopefully after that they can take a peek at my Journey. As far as the let's are concerned I replaced every light with cree led super bright right lights including the reverse lights cause the oem incandescent suck for night vision visibility. I used amber for the rear turn sign and bright white for front. I did use Sylvania ZXE headlamp bulbs for high and low up front, led's just were not bright enough possibly in the future I may do the true Xenon conversion but right now it looks freakin awesome.

I just had some paint work done this past week and installed the parts on Thursday. I the grated cowl piece in between the end of the hood and the windshield painted gloss black, also that silver piece on the center of the front bumper painted gloss black and the fog lamp levels are now gloss black with chrome bezel ring pieces on there way to be installed. And I also ordered a complete set of the OEM molded splash guards, had the color matched too and I installed them. And, ready for this?? Ok don't caught, I installed on the lower front bottom of front doors, small OEM chrome and red "SRT6" badges. They seriously look like the belong there. Ride looks freakin killer!

Ok I have not installed my drop springs in yet and for good reason. As I lay here and write this response I am in the hospital. I just had yesterday afternoon a cervical spinal fusion on my C6-C7 vertebrae and will be laid up for at least 3 weeks!! So springs are out for a while. And oh yeah, my Magnaflow smooth transition Y-Pipe just came in on Friday so now I can get rid of those two heavy ass mufflers and do a single 14" magnaflow in the center of the exhaust system.

p.s.: also installed resistors for the led's where necessary to avoid hyper flashing.

Sean

Well that is about it for now. When I am week enough to get some pics up, I promise to do it. Just so darn busy between my kids, work, girlfriend, my injury and a whole lot of other stuff called life, lol!