2013 RT Problems

JMcCulloch

September 2013

Went to start my car and it was dead. Had dodge roadside jump my battery. When it turned over the awd light and battery light came on. The check engine light came on with codes of cylinder 5 misfiring and low voltage. While driving to the dealership there was a significant loss of power. When the mechanic turned the car back on, once it was there, all the warning lights were gone. Having the car for 5 days they couldn't figure the problem out or replicate it. I got annoyed with having to pay 60 bucks a day for a rental and took my car back.

December 2013

Driving to work in the snow one morning the awd light comes on and feels like I'm in fwd the whole way there. I park the car turn the car off, turn it was on and the light is gone. I didn't take it to the dealer.

Yesterday April 1st

Driving to work on the highway, the car lunges forward like a hard downshift. The transmission won't change out of the gear I in. So if I let off the gas there's heavy engine braking and if I touch the gas it shoots up to 5-6k to make power. I get to work and start to park and when I change gears to D or P or R there's a loud and violent thud. I turn the car off, turn it back on and the problem is gone again.

I think my ecu is screwed up or maybe there's a short somewhere. My GPS jut randomly turns off sometimes too. I'm going to try to take it to the dealer soon and get this straightened out. I hope its not an ongoing problem as my wife and I both really like our Journey. I'll let you guys know how it goes, just have to find some time to the dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

It amazes me that there is so much of a difference in the service provided by dealers and Chrysler doesn't address the problem. There's nothing worse than having a dealer that fails to make customer service a priority. I know there are some customers that are a pain in the butt and are never satisfied, but I think for the most part we just want the same treatment after the purchase as before. Chrysler and all other car companies really stand to lose sales because of inept or lackadaisical dealer service. Journeyman425 is a great example of a dealer representative that gets it. It's a shame others haven't figured it out!

• Official Dodge Support

It amazes me that there is so much of a difference in the service provided by dealers and Chrysler doesn't address the problem. There's nothing worse than having a dealer that fails to make customer service a priority. I know there are some customers that are a pain in the butt and are never satisfied, but I think for the most part we just want the same treatment after the purchase as before. Chrysler and all other car companies really stand to lose sales because of inept or lackadaisical dealer service. Journeyman425 is a great example of a dealer representative that gets it. It's a shame others haven't figured it out!

rolly,

Believe me, from the Corporate standpoint, Customer Service is #1 priority.

Dealer staff has mandatory training courses to complete in order to better understand/provide a good service experience for all Customers. I've taken these courses myself and I can confirm that they provide the insight into developing the skills dealers need to work with Customers.

Each dealer is a business on it's own and certain dealers have different ambitions and goals at a service/sales level etc.

I've worked with hundreds of dealers to sort of conflicts and I am a firm believer that the Customer deserves fair and honest treatment, there's no gain for anyone involved otherwise.

I don't doubt that Chrysler takes customer service seriously. That wasn't my point. I think they have to do a better job of policing some of their dealers. Many of the complaints that forum members complain about can be traced to treatment from the dealers. The best training in the world doesn't guarantee a successful outcome. Part of the problem I believe, is some dealers spend too much time selling and pressuring customers to buy unnecessary services and that alienates consumers. That was one of the reasons I sought out another dealer from the one that I had purchased six vehicles from previously. I wouldn't buy any product but Chrysler, but I know many people who would just get turned off on the product and go elsewhere and there's absolutely no gain in that either. By the way I'm very pleased with the service my new dealer is providing. This good relationship has already paid off for them because my niece also bought a new car from them and soon two more members of my family will follow suit. Playing nice has it's benefits!

WOW... I would call a different dealer. Is that an option??? It is part of the Chrysler warranty!

Yeah I think I'm going to try a different dealership. One opened up last year closer to me so I'll try them. I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to bring it in. I haven't had a problem since, although they seem to come and go. I already know what's going to happen though; I'll take it to them, there won't be a problem when I bring it in and there won't be anything can do. Then they'll tell me to bring it right to them when it happens (like that's always an option).

• 1 month later...

So I held off bring it, I've still been busy. Had no problems, and all of a sudden I've got a check engine light for a bad oil pressure sensor and my gauge is showing pressures of 65-96. I have an appointment today to bring it in (and to a different dealer). Wish me luck.

The dealership called me today. They had good news and bad news for me. The good news is; the ecu problems I was having, is all covered under a TSB (so hopefully that's over with). The bad news; my CEL for a bad oil pressure sensor is actually a oil pressure switch, which on back order for 4 weeks. My dealer put in an emergency claim so it should be here in a week. I'm very pleased with this new dealership and all my worries (for the meantime) are gone.