DRL For My 2014 Journey

rolandgregory

I just purchased a 2014 Journey and the salesman said that I have DRL's and I have turned them on in the settings on the radio.The last 8 digits of my VIN are ET187224.

Any help would greatly be appreciated .

OK, If you have turned them on, what are you wanting to know?

If you mean the dealer says you have to turn them on through the radio, either, like 2late4u says, take it back and make the lazy bozo's turn them on for you, or look in the owners manual, it should tell you. I would not have accepted it if I wanted them on and they did not turn them on for me.

Edited by jkeaton

Do a search on this site...there is a good thread already on what you need to do. Basically, the dealership has to add the DRL option code to your VIN (Code is LMK) and then this new code group has to be flashed to your car letting the car know that you do, indeed, have DRL's and can use them. The upstart is, although you the software installed, it is part of the UConnect grouping and this doesn't work until your car knows that it does have the DRL capability through the LMK code. It is an ongoing PIA for those of us in the US market...the software is there and the hardware, actually, is there, however, until the CANBUS knows that the two exist, there isn't any communication between them and the factory does not routinely enable that communication. It would be much easier if Chrysler would just install the LMK code on all US market cars and let the owners decide whether to activate them or not (which is what most people, including the salesmen, already assume).

I checked your VIN, rolandgregory - there is no sales code listed in your options group for me to add DRL. I'm starting to see a pattern here, though. I've checked a couple of 2014's for people on this forum. All the 2014 VINs that I have checked have no DRL sales code to add. I got curious and checked one of the 2014 VINs in my dealer's inventory. Same thing, the sales code does not exist. Googled Arrigo Dodge down in West Palm (HUGE dealership) - they still have six 2013 Journeys in stock. Checked a VIN from their inventory and sure enough - for the 2013 VIN there is an option to add DRL. Started poking around on DealerConnect (proprietary site to dealers) for technical info or changes regarding DRL. Nothing. Went on the sales section of DealerConnect and built myself a nice 2014 Journey Crossroad ( I would LOVE to have one of those!) and found that DRL is listed as part of the Popular Equipment Group. Reluctantly deleted my order :( I played with the configurations a little more. The system still allows me to start an order for a 2013 but won't allow me to submit it. I re-built my personal 2013 Crew. Popular Equipment Group apparently is included in the Crew model. There is a standalone option box for DRL but it cannot be selected on it's own. I assume then that's why I was able to just reconfigure mine so that the DRL's work.

Now, I'm not drawing any conclusions here yet, but I'm beginnig to think that in order for a US Journey to have DRL may have to be ordered from the factory (U.S. models) with the PEG if it does not already include it, and then get them configured once they are built.

Never mind. I just went back to the SXT in my inventory and checked - it has PEG and yet I can't add the sales code to the VIN. So much for that theory. OK folks, I have no idea why we can't turn them on at this point! I'm on this post about an hour now and I have to get some sleep! I think the only thing left to do is to try connecting one of our in-stock SXT's to the Wi-Tech (our diagnostic computer station) to see if I can configure the car's DRL to come on. Not sure if/when I'll have time to do that - we'll probably have to try that once one of them is sold and comes in to be prepped.

Sorry folks - I'll keep you posted when I come up with a factual answer!