2010 rear strut removal

....just to add to Frogbox's suggestions. For Chilton manuals you can also try going online to your public library and accessing the manuals for free. You will need a library card to gain access....felt weird getting one after so many years.

Note: The online manuals only have information for 2009 Dodge Journey's but I'm guessing most, if not all of the info will apply to 2010's.

Or, pony up and spend $25-30 and buy yourself a haynes or chiltons manual. Priceless to have the info at your fingertips. First thing I do when I buy a vehicle, get a haynes or chiltons manual. If I need more in depth info, I will search ebay for some FSM's. Paying even $100 for a set of FSM's is well worth it for me. Without a warranty, just going somewhere for advice will cost you that much.

Edited by jkeaton

Or, pony up and spend $25-30 and buy yourself a haynes or chiltons manual. Priceless to have the info at your fingertips. First thing I do when I buy a vehicle, get a haynes or chiltons manual. If I need more in depth info, I will search ebay for some FSM's. Paying even $100 for a set of FSM's is well worth it for me. Without a warranty, just going somewhere for advice will cost you that much.

Good luck finding one. There is so much information for vehicles these days that paper copies would have to be the size of several telephone books. So much easier to get it in electronic format and if you need a hard copy of a specific procedure, just print those pages from the .pdf so you have them handy in the workshop.

• 3 weeks later...

In fact, unless they changed their policy recently, Chrysler/Dodge won't even release the data for a manual now (even to AllData.com) until the vehicle is a couple years old (close to or out of standard warranty). So manuals for 2014s won't be available for a while yet.

The last paper manual set I had was for my 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T. It was 6 books at probably 4" thich each (covers all models, globally). Very hard to read compared to the older format of the manuals. I haven't seen any of the recent ones, because 2012s were just released.

Good luck finding one. There is so much information for vehicles these days that paper copies would have to be the size of several telephone books. So much easier to get it in electronic format and if you need a hard copy of a specific procedure, just print those pages from the .pdf so you have them handy in the workshop.

This is true, I guess I was mainly referring to the older model cars I have. The DJ, I just take to the dealer if it's a warranty issue, if not, I've been working on cars long enough to figure most things out by just looking at it for awhile. ;)