Any issue on the new Journey 2014 ?

Storm Roger

Hi all, just found and registered on here because we are looking to buy the new 2014 Dodge journey American Value Package.

We originally were going for a Jeep Patriot, but the Journey is bigger and has more to offer than the Jeep.

Anyway, just wanted to ask of any problem that owners of the new 2014 model especially the entry level A.V.P. have encountered.

Thank you all...

Hi back and welcome to the forums!

I don't know a whole lot about the 2014s in terms of problems but if the American package is like the Canadian one, I wouldn't recommend it. I would bump up to the SXT or something and get the 3.6L V6. I had a neighbour with a 2010 Canadian Value Package when I had the 2010 SXT, and there is a *lot* thats lacking (tinted windows, storage under the passenger seat, flash light in the rear, and more). I also can never recommend the 4cyl, some people do like it, but my neighbour hated it and I loved the V6. If you plan on driving it a lot, it will be worth it. The value package has almost nothing in it.

If you were leaning towards a Jeep Patriot, the new Jeep Cherokee is a good middle ground between it and a Journey (closer to the size of the Journey, 3.2L V6, actual 4x4, etc). My opinion is a little biased as I am trading in my 2011 Journey for a Cherokee but only because my 2011 is a lemon, my 2010 was amazing before it was lost in an accident.

Hi back and welcome to the forums!

I don't know a whole lot about the 2014s in terms of problems but if the American package is like the Canadian one, I wouldn't recommend it. I would bump up to the SXT or something and get the 3.6L V6. I had a neighbour with a 2010 Canadian Value Package when I had the 2010 SXT, and there is a *lot* thats lacking (tinted windows, storage under the passenger seat, flash light in the rear, and more). I also can never recommend the 4cyl, some people do like it, but my neighbour hated it and I loved the V6. If you plan on driving it a lot, it will be worth it. The value package has almost nothing in it.

If you were leaning towards a Jeep Patriot, the new Jeep Cherokee is a good middle ground between it and a Journey (closer to the size of the Journey, 3.2L V6, actual 4x4, etc). My opinion is a little biased as I am trading in my 2011 Journey for a Cherokee but only because my 2011 is a lemon, my 2010 was amazing before it was lost in an accident.

Wow....you sure don't have anything good to say about these value pkgs do ya considering you haven't personally owned one, and your only journet is a 2010 sxt? Has it occured to you that perhaps it's just your neighbour who got a lemon or abused the car to cause some fo those issues? For a an ordinary family with just one kid on a budget, the Canadian value pkg could be a nice starter cross for them

Cheerokees have their own problems, and it can be read in teh folloiwng link

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5454-2014-april-consumer-reports-car-issue/

Wow....you sure don't have anything good to say about these value pkgs do ya considering you haven't personally owned one, and your only journet is a 2010 sxt? Has it occured to you that perhaps it's just your neighbour who got a lemon or abused the car to cause some fo those issues? For a an ordinary family with just one kid on a budget, the Canadian value pkg could be a nice starter cross for them

Cheerokees have their own problems, and it can be read in teh folloiwng link

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5454-2014-april-consumer-reports-car-issue/

Wow, I had no idea such a forum thread existed. The only reason I mentioned the Cherokee is because the OP was considering a Jeep Patriot previously to the Journey.

I think you missed the point of my post almost entirely. I didn't say the Journey had problems, I said there is a lack of features in the Value Package. There is a lot more value in the SXT+ models is all. My neighbour loved their car, except they really didn't like the performance of the 4 cyl, specifically on the highway. I owned a 2010 SXT previously and currently own a 2011 Crew, not that it changes anything for OP when he's going to look at purchasing his car. The value package just typically comes with nothing in it and for $4k more you can get the SXT with the V6, tinted windows, and other fun things.

Wow, I had no idea such a forum thread existed. The only reason I mentioned the Cherokee is because the OP was considering a Jeep Patriot previously to the Journey.

I think you missed the point of my post almost entirely. I didn't say the Journey had problems, I said there is a lack of features in the Value Package. There is a lot more value in the SXT+ models is all. My neighbour loved their car, except they really didn't like the performance of the 4 cyl, specifically on the highway. I owned a 2010 SXT previously and currently own a 2011 Crew, not that it changes anything for OP when he's going to look at purchasing his car. The value package just typically comes with nothing in it and for $4k more you can get the SXT with the V6, tinted windows, and other fun things.

May be the OP does not have the 4k upfront to throw at the SXT......additionally, you can always add stuff to your car after the fact. I pick up my CVP next week, and it was a choice I made based on just me and a kid (half the time). I'll be having it tinted immediately to a % I want, deflectors will go on and other mods will follow. I already picked up a portable dvd player 9" at BB to strap to the headrest

Will also be getting a backup camera installed

My brother-in-law bought a 2103 Journey CVP and he loves it. He was also on a budget and it was a good fit for him. It makes sense to buy what YOU want and what YOU need, after all it's your money.

Sure, its strictly a recommendation. If it were me, and I had the money, I would pony up... That's all.

Anyway, just wanted to ask of any problem that owners of the new 2014 model especially the entry level A.V.P. have encountered.

Thank you all...

The 2014 is, for all practical purposes, completely carried over from 2013. Since mechanically nothing has really changed, the 2014's should continue to be very reliable. Each year there have been improvements in overall quality. 15,000 miles on our 2013 Crew and not a single issue yet. We're very happy with it.

The 2014 is, for all practical purposes, completely carried over from 2013. Since mechanically nothing has really changed, the 2014's should continue to be very reliable. Each year there have been improvements in overall quality. 15,000 miles on our 2013 Crew and not a single issue yet. We're very happy with it.

Many thanks, looks like we are going to go for the SE version (we are already stretched out, so we can't afford the higher models).

Anyway, can any one please tell me the difference between the Value Package and the SE version. I couldn't tell any difference when I check the Dodge website.

Also I assume the DJ's are all 7-seaters, please correct me if I'm wrong... I have only a few days left to decide.

Thank you ...

Edited by jkeaton

Many thanks, looks like we are going to go for the SE version (we are already stretched out, so we can't afford the higher models).

Anyway, can any one please tell me the difference between the Value Package and the SE version. I couldn't tell any difference when I check the Dodge website.

Also I assume the DJ's are all 7-seaters, please correct me if I'm wrong... I have only a few days left to decide.

Thank you ...

I dont see how you could not tell the difference between the packages from the website.....just click ion the little exclamation point (!) and it lists what each package includes:

The AVP package:

â– 2.4L 173 horsepower I4 DOHC 16V Dual Variable Valve Timing (VVT) with 4-speed automatic

â– 17-inch wheel covers

â– Bright grille

â– Halogen quad headlamps

â– Power heated mirrors, fold-away

â– Variable-intermittent windshield wipers

â– Body-color door handles

■Keyless Enter â??n Go™ with push button start

â– Premium cloth low-back bucket seats

â– Height-adjustable driver seat

â– Rear reclining/fold-flat seat

â– 2nd-row 60/40 seat with fore and aft adjustment

â– Full-length floor console with premium armrest

â– Illuminated cup holders

â– 12V auxiliary power outlet

â– 12V center console power outlet

â– Air filtering

â– Driver and passenger lower LED lamps

â– Front courtesy/map lamps

â– Rear courtesy/reading lamps

â– 2nd-row in-floor storage bins

â– Power locks, windows, driver 1-touch

SE Package:

â– Includes everything on AVP, plus these differences:

â– Black side roof rails

â– Deep-tint sunscreen glass

â– LED taillamps

The SE does not come with 7 passenger seating as standard equipment. It can by added as an option to the SE, but your not likely going to like the results of loading up a 4-cylinder DJ with 7 passengers. The V6 is much more suited for the 7 passenger seating, IMO.

Edited by jkeaton

I dont see how you could not tell the difference between the packages from the website.....just click ion the little exclamation point (!) and it lists what each package includes:

The AVP package:

â– 2.4L 173 horsepower I4 DOHC 16V Dual Variable Valve Timing (VVT) with 4-speed automatic

â– 17-inch wheel covers

â– Bright grille

â– Halogen quad headlamps

â– Power heated mirrors, fold-away

â– Variable-intermittent windshield wipers

â– Body-color door handles

■Keyless Enter â??n Go™ with push button start

â– Premium cloth low-back bucket seats

â– Height-adjustable driver seat

â– Rear reclining/fold-flat seat

â– 2nd-row 60/40 seat with fore and aft adjustment

â– Full-length floor console with premium armrest

â– Illuminated cup holders

â– 12V auxiliary power outlet

â– 12V center console power outlet

â– Air filtering

â– Driver and passenger lower LED lamps

â– Front courtesy/map lamps

â– Rear courtesy/reading lamps

â– 2nd-row in-floor storage bins

â– Power locks, windows, driver 1-touch

SE Package:

â– Includes everything on AVP, plus these differences:

â– Black side roof rails

â– Deep-tint sunscreen glass

â– LED taillamps

The SE does not come with 7 passenger seating as standard equipment. It can by added as an option to the SE, but your not likely going to like the results of loading up a 4-cylinder DJ with 7 passengers. The V6 is much more suited for the 7 passenger seating, IMO.

I was looking at this comparison:

http://www.dodge.com/model-compare/detailed-chart/?modelYearCode=CUD201409

Is the $1500 worth the extras you get with it? To add to that, I have read that the vehicle has lots of blind spots already, and I hate deep/dark tints.

It's not a "dark" tint, just some tint. It does nothing to inhibit visibility, keeps the interior cooler on hot days. The biggest blind spot is the front A-pillar, but you get used to it. Whether or not the SE package is "worth it" is totally up to you. The biggest thing is the roof rack. Even though it does not come with cross bars, if you ever want to put something up there, having roof rails makes it easiet to secure.

It's not a "dark" tint, just some tint. It does nothing to inhibit visibility, keeps the interior cooler on hot days. The biggest blind spot is the front A-pillar, but you get used to it. Whether or not the SE package is "worth it" is totally up to you. The biggest thing is the roof rack. Even though it does not come with cross bars, if you ever want to put something up there, having roof rails makes it easiet to secure.

that tint will really help then because I live in Arizona... thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

If the SE has the tint, its worth it. Like I said, my neighbours value package was missing it, and the roof rails, and all that good stuff. If you can bump up a little bit in dealer cost, it will save you in after market later and you will be happier with the vehicle. Getting the roof rails, the led tail lights and the tinted windows is going to make that DJ look *awesome*.

Thank you ...

All Journeys are five passenger models unless fitted with the Flexible Seating Group option which adds the third row seats, plus rear A/C and three zone temp control. It is optional across the board.

I know you said the SE is what your budget allows, but consider that there is $1500.00 in additional rebates on the SXT model which gives you:

In addition to the standard SE features, Journey SXT replaces/adds these features:

• Performance suspension
  • Body-color exterior mirrors
  • Body-color performance fascia
  • Fog lamps
  • LED tail lamps
  • 17-inch aluminum wheels
  • Cargo cover
  • Cargo net
  • Front and rear floor mats
  • Uconnect 4.3S
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio includes one-year subscription

You might be able to get almost as good a deal on a SXT as a SE. Worth a look. If not, stick with the SE.

Edited by Journeyman425

I didn't know about the rebate, so how much is the additional cost of the SXT to the SE ?

The current incentive is $2000.00 on AVP/SE and $3500.00 on SXT. There are conditions to be met to qualify for all the rebates (not sure the details; I'm in service not sales) but the difference in MSRP between SE and SXT is $1800.00. I was thinking that if you qualified for all the rebates on the SXT then the difference is only $300.00. Anyway, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Journey family!

Edited by Journeyman425

The current incentive is $2000.00 on AVP/SE and $3500.00 on SXT. There are conditions to be met to qualify for all the rebates (not sure the details; I'm in service not sales) but the difference in MSRP between SE and SXT is $1800.00. I was thinking that if you qualified for all the rebates on the SXT then the difference is only $300.00. Anyway, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Journey family!

Thanks,

here is the website: http://www.henrybrownchrysler.com/new-inventory/index.htm?SByear=2014&SBmake=Dodge&SBmodel=Journey&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

and the Copperhead pearl is what I ordered but in Red color.

Is it too late for me to call them tomorrow change my order ???

I don't think it's too late. However, looking at the price of the Copper Pearl SE in their inventory, it looks like all applicable rebates have already been applied - that is probably why you were not aware of them. If you got a similar price on yours then the rebates are included.

The advertised price was probably *after* rebates. It also says you had a bunch of aftermarkets. From what I recall thats usually things like extended warranty, rust poofing, paint warranty, etc. At least it shows you did get the rebates and didn't miss out.

I am talking about the "MSRP" and "Selling price" though. Should the Selling price be listed as $21,192 which was advertized on their website?