Canadians (Ontario)....Anywhere to get after market mats???

cskmom

Evening all...just pulled the trigger on a dodge journey CVP, is there anywhere that you know of that I can pick up an after market mat for the journey cheaper than the dealership?

Also...what type of hitch would you recomment I get for this Journey, and from where?

Thanks

Evening all...just pulled the trigger on a dodge journey CVP, is there anywhere that you know of that I can pick up an after market mat for the journey cheaper than the dealership?

Also...what type of hitch would you recomment I get for this Journey, and from where?

I bought Weather Tech Floor mats for my car and so far I am very happy with them. Yes they are more money but the protection they offer, is great. I bought the fronts plus the rear cargo liner. I would have bought the second and third row but being a single person the third row has never even been used and I rarely have any one in the back seat.

I have the OEM hitch basically because when I bought the vehicle it had the towing option on it and the hitch was part of the deal.

Terry

146733255.jpg

I got these off Amazon. TThey are like the weathertech brand but much cheaper. They work just as good. They may be a bit more flexible than the higher priced ones, but they work great for us.

http://www.amazon.com/Novline-13-04-210-Dodge-Journey-Floor/dp/B0077DT46O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393429513&sr=8-1&keywords=Novline+13.04.210+Dodge+Journey+Floor+Mats+-+Floor+Liners+-+2008-2013+-+Four+%284%29+Piece+Set+-+Black

Sorry, I'm not Canadian, but I like to help....

Edited by jkeaton

I got these off Amazon. TThey are like the weathertech brand but much cheaper. They work just as good. They may be a bit more flexible than the higher priced ones, but they work great for us.

http://www.amazon.com/Novline-13-04-210-Dodge-Journey-Floor/dp/B0077DT46O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393429513&sr=8-1&keywords=Novline+13.04.210+Dodge+Journey+Floor+Mats+-+Floor+Liners+-+2008-2013+-+Four+%284%29+Piece+Set+-+Black

How did you like them? It's too late for me but are they similar to Weather Tech?

Terry

Wow....would you look at that, I turn my back for a second and the responses come in :-) To our American cousin...If it makes you feel any better, I am a transplanted Brit living in Canada, so am not 100% Canuck :-)

I am yet to pick up the DJ...I get it next week, and I went for the Graphite colour instead. Initially I was looking at the silver but changed my mind...the red was a no go as it reminds me of my ex...she got our red family car :-)

I'll like to see pictures of people's chosen hitch, and open to suggestions as to which one to get that won't break the bank.

How did you like them? It's too late for me but are they similar to Weather Tech?

Terry

Then you are a honourary Canadian......... :)

Terry

I agree, we can always use more helpful people!

Thanks!! I spent quite a bit of time in Olds, Alberta the last few years, always was made to feel quite welcome....the mats are holding up great. As I mentioned, they are a bit more "flexible" than the more expensive ones, but they serve the same purpose, keeping muck off the carpet. I recommend them for those on a budget, not willing to part with a couple hundred for the weathertech type mats.

Edited by jkeaton

Check out the link bellow. I have them in my Journey and I love them. Fantastic quality and great fit. Less expensive than Weather Tech.

http://www.ariesautomotiveinterior.com/3D-Floor-Liners_FrontRear.htm

Here is my conversation about them here in the forum.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5207-aries-custom-floor-mats/

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got the all weather mats at the dealership where I got the car. About $86.

I love them. The car wash hosed them off for me.

The carpet mats have a lot of salt on them that may never come off.

Should have gotten these mats when I got the car.

I buy a lot of my cleaning stuff from E-Shine. They have a salt eliminator that you could try on your mats. I haven't needed to use it, but the products they sell are good. You can check them out here. It's a Canadian company but I'm sure it's available in the U.S.

http://www.eshine.ca/krown_salt_eliminator-8006.php

Check out the link bellow. I have them in my Journey and I love them. Fantastic quality and great fit. Less expensive than Weather Tech.

http://www.ariesautomotiveinterior.com/3D-Floor-Liners_FrontRear.htm

Here is my conversation about them here in the forum.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5207-aries-custom-floor-mats/

I saw those on Autoanything.com and was considering buying them. What are your impressions of them? Will the hold up? is the fit good (i.e., there are no gaps around the outside that will let stuff get by)? Maybe some installed pics would be helpful if you don't mind...

I saw those on Autoanything.com and was considering buying them. What are your impressions of them? Will the hold up? is the fit good (i.e., there are no gaps around the outside that will let stuff get by)? Maybe some installed pics would be helpful if you don't mind...

They are great. I would definitely buy them again for a future car. No gaps, yes they have held up, excellent fit. I wont be able to get pics of them right away. If you want to get the 3rd row also.....Auto anything will say they arent available. Tell your sales guy to check with the manufacture. They do make the 3rd row cause I have it.

Edited by DTSGUY

When I got my Journey, at that time I was only aware of Weather Techs and Husky Liners. Both of these options are pretty superior and would recommend it, however, for the price, there are cheaper alternatives for anyone north of the border(Canadians):

-If near or in Toronto, there's a company, findway.com, that I found while researching for weatherproof mats for my wife's CRV. At first I was skeptical due to the pricing, under $100, but they have been tested and I can confirm they work as well as the weathertechs. I took a look for Dodge Journeys, and they do carry them for $80!!! The nice thing about this place, I was able to pick it up from the warehouse and test fit them, the guy guaranteed a refund if I didn't want to keep them. Here's the image of how they look:

W-B-4-19030B-600x387.jpg

-For those not so near or would rather try a different company, Costco has a vendor called 3D MAXpiderMat - http://www.costco.ca/.product.10367254.html Currently 20% off

-If you are still keen on weathertechs or husky liners, suggest calling/going to a tuner shop or even a tint place, they are usually vendors of either brand and run specials now and then.

For my weathertechs, I personally purchased them in the states and just picked them up and installed them when we went cross-border shopping. I believe I saved over $100 than buying from a Canadian vendor.

Hope this helps!

Edited by humansoul

When I got my Journey, at that time I was only aware of Weather Techs and Husky Liners. Both of these options are pretty superior and would recommend it, however, for the price, there are cheaper alternatives for anyone north of the border(Canadians):

-If near or in Toronto, there's a company, findway.com, that I found while researching for weatherproof mats for my wife's CRV. At first I was skeptical due to the pricing, under $100, but they have been tested and I can confirm they work as well as the weathertechs. I took a look for Dodge Journeys, and they do carry them for $80!!! The nice thing about this place, I was able to pick it up from the warehouse and test fit them, the guy guaranteed a refund if I didn't want to keep them. Here's the image of how they look:

W-B-4-19030B-600x387.jpg

-For those not so near or would rather try a different company, Costco has a vendor called 3D MAXpiderMat - http://www.costco.ca/.product.10367254.html Currently 20% off

-If you are still keen on weathertechs or husky liners, suggest calling/going to a tuner shop or even a tint place, they are usually vendors of either brand and run specials now and then.

For my weathertechs, I personally purchased them in the states and just picked them up and installed them when we went cross-border shopping. I believe I saved over $100 than buying from a Canadian vendor.

Hope this helps!

I looked up the Matts that you mentioned above from Costco and they are the same ones that you can get from Aries

http://www.ariesauto...s_FrontRear.htm

They are fantastic I have them in my Journey. However you cant buy them direct from Aries. You need to go through an online seller like autoanything.com or another reseller.

W-B-4-19030B-600x387.jpg

Hope this helps!

Thanks Mate...Next time am in that area (Markham), I'll drop in and see

Why would one buy carpeted all weather floor savers if the initial

idea is to not having to clean carpeted surfaces?

I'll stick with the WeatherTechs as they have a distribution

point 6 kilometers from my house.

Where exactly in the burling / oakville area is this place? Address please as am likely to be in that area this weekend

cheers

Why would one buy carpeted all weather floor savers if the initial idea is to not having to clean carpeted surfaces?

I would tend to agree why indeed would you buy a carpeted all weather floor saver mat. Personally I have Weather Tech mats and they seem to do a great job in my Journey.Certainly not saying anyone is wrong just my own opinion..... :)

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I would tend to agree why indeed would you buy a carpeted all weather floor saver mat. Personally I have Weather Tech mats and they seem to do a great job in my Journey.Certainly not saying anyone is wrong just my own opinion..... :)

Terry

You kind of Terry in Regina ....just in a diplomatic way :lol:

Just bugging you mate

Why would one buy carpeted all weather floor savers if the initial

idea is to not having to clean carpeted surfaces?

I'll stick with the WeatherTechs as they have a distribution

point 6 kilometers from my house.

Actually, I thought the same way, but decided to gamble on them due to the costs versus Weathertechs. The fabric itself is 'velcro' like and not plush at all that would cause an issue with staining. I actually like it better versus the Weathertechs in my car given the salt makes my mats turn all white. Somehow, my wife's mats don't do the same, which is a little nicer to look at especially during winter. I'm waiting for spring to use a pressure washer to remove all the dirt, so I'll update this post and see how it holds up.