New Member from far South Florida

cart7881

We have a 2009, SXT, 3.5 purchased in February 2009. "We" meaning that it is my wife's car, but I'm responsible for the maintenance. So far, except for an issue with the door wiring, I haven't had do anything except the routine rquirements. I have always done 99% of any work done on any vehicles that I have owned, but this is the first time that I have had to adhere so strictly to the maintenance schedule, due to the "Lifetime Powertrain limited Warranty". I always keep maintenace records, but now I have to keep receipts for oil, filters, etc. also. At the last 6 month oil change the odometer had gained a mere 750 miles! We are talking about the "Little old lady that only drives on weekends". The Journey has yet to accrue 14,000 miles. Brakes are fine, but driving in South Florida is like driving around on a table top, so not much stress. Need to get the five year warranty inspection done soon. My wife is looking forward to the time she can get "Antique" plates for her JC. As a firm believer that one can never aquire enough information, I am going back to my task of reading all of the previous posts on this great forum.

Welcome to the forum

Less than 14,000 miles is impressive. I love finding cars like these. I just bought an 88 Chevy Silverado with 96,000 miles from an elderly man that bought it brand new in early 1988. He took amazing care of it, other than smashing the front and back bumper. Hey, there not called bumpers for no reason!!

Thanks for the welcome. Some would think it was not worthwhile to own a vehicle and not use it much. My wife basically just uses it for shopping on the weekends and it pretty much sits in the carport during the week. I am the one in the family that insists on having two vehicles. I want a vehicle available to me 24/7 and I refuse to go to shopping with her. One good thing is that if either vehicle breaks down, the other is available.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great info and people here. Quite a daunting task to read all of the previous topics in the forum; credit is due to you there. It's an interesting read for sure! Just remember to maintain objectivity in the face of subjectivity when reading some of these posts, but I get the feeling that you know this already!

Just about to hit 12,000 miles on our 2013 Journey that we have owned now for just over seven months. I love that yours has such low mileage; it is probably immaculate and certainly sounds like it is meticulously maintained.

Now, how about swapping weather with us up here in the North? :) It's a balmy nine degrees outside my house right now and the wind is relentless.

Thank you. Yes, it will certainly take me a while to read through all of the threads here. As you say, a lot of interesting reading, for sure. I'll try to keep an open mind!!

Yes on the cleanliness, but I'm not responsible for that. My wife is a bit anal and washes it frequently and keeps the interior spotless. No food/drinks allowed, except water and that has to be in a bottle! The Grandkids won't ride with her unless it is absolutely necessary!!

Ah yes, the weather. While it is never COLD here, the turmoil up north has finally reached us and the temperature only reached 58°F today. Supposed to be back up to 74° tomorrow though. I was raised in New Hampshire and that experience convinced me to settle here.