Key FOB issue when trying to lock door after exiting vehicle...

So, I've noticed with my RKE transmitter, when I leave the vehicle (close the door) the lock button on the fob doesn't lock the doors. If I then open the door, press the lock button on the inside of the door, I can then unlock and lock the doors with the key fob again. I know I'm getting the low battery warning in the Journey (2011 SXT) and although I'd like to assume it's a battery issue it seems like people are having wierd issues with the key fobs regardless of battery strength. I wonder if this is one of those issues...

Has anyone noticed this with their Journey?

Dave

Yeah, I was going to pick up some batteries tomorrow after work. I also knew about just grabbing the handle to unlock the door, but like I said what I noticed was getting out of the car the FOB wouldn't lock the door after it was closed... I'm assuming it's just the batteries. Other than that, seems to be a good car...

Has anyone noticed this with their Journey?

Dave

Just another thought, be careful that the actuator in each door is okay. Currently one of my actuators isn't functioning because when I washed the car, water went down my window and froze my door lock, when I used the key fob it actually broke my actuator. I will replace it when it starts to warm up.

Terry

Edited by Windancer