Totaled out Journey's replacement!

davidlb512

I bought a 2012 Journey SXT AWD this past January, and since, have had a pretty unlucky year with it. I absolutely loved the Journey, and no other vehicle compares as far as the combination of features and options goes. Well, less than a month after driving it off of the lot, and before I even made my first payment, I was rear ended on a trip to Mobile, AL. It caused $3500 in damage, and the rear door that needed replaced was on back order, and it was in the shop for a month before finally getting it back. I got the recall notice for the cylinder head having to be replaced, luckily it was in the shop for only 3 days that time! They did a reflash on the computer while it was in also, to fix the rough shift. A few months later, I go out to leave work for lunch, and notice that my side rear window has been shattered by a rock thrown from a lawn mower, by our lawn service. The next month, I walk out of the grocery store, to see where someone had hit it with their car door. Then driving down a dirt road, a tree branch that I couldn't see, scratched the drivers side, from the front fender, all the way down to the rear bumper. Then the whopper! On November 3rd, I get t-boned by a girl that is in a hurry, and doesn't pay attention to me coming from her left side. The quote was at $6900 in damage, and there were parts on back order, that got extended again. More damage was found after tearing down the car, and the insurance company finally made the decision to total it out. And their offer for payout actually ended up being more than I initially paid for the Journey! Almost $2000 more at that. Anyway, the new addition to my driveway is a 2011 Journey R/T AWD!!!! I don't really care for leather interior, and I actually found one of the few that I've seen, with cloth seats too. :-) Needless to say, I'm a happy camper. This is a major upgrade from the 2012 SXT that I had too. Here are some pictures.

post-6726-0-89021400-1387509803_thumb.jp

post-6726-0-65681200-1387509805.jpg

post-6726-0-69419800-1387509806_thumb.jp

post-6726-0-75994500-1387509807_thumb.jp

post-6726-0-96334200-1387509808_thumb.jp

post-6726-0-05616500-1387509810_thumb.jp

post-6726-0-32502600-1387509811_thumb.jp

So, I picked up the new R/T last night, and I am thrilled with it! That AWD kills the FWD feel, IMO. But get this, the owner before me left all of his phone contacts, stored in the UConnect, and had his home and work address still stored in the GPS. He better be glad I'm an honest person.