Welcome home lights - how to turn off

Hi,

How can i turn off the headlights switching on when i unlock the car and staying on when i lock it, please? I went through the owners manual and it mentions accessing user menu - I don't have the menu button. I know the car had the stereo replaced at some point - was the button on the original stereo? How can i access the menu otherwise? I got myself an OBD II reader, but have no software apart from Torque Lite for my Android phone.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Adam

Tend to agree with jkeaton... The "menu" you refer is part of the software package in the UConnect system software. If the radio (contains the software) was replaced by a Pioneer or Alpine unit that doesn't contain that software, you are probably out of luck. I'm not sure a dealership with their StarSCAN tool would be able to help either...the software is either there or it isn't. It is possible that the controller still exists and you don't have the interface (not real sure where the UConnect's actual interface sw lies; seperate controller or part of the radio's head package) in which case the dealer may still be able to access the controller with their scan tool (you won't be able to with an OBD tool as the sw isn't OBDII), but, they will charge you for the effort.

what year is your car?? you list a 2008 I know my 09 there is a way to do it, but I'll have to look iot up. In 09 it was not part of the touch screen,if I recall it had to do with the remote. Ill look it up later and see if it helps if no one else answers!

• 2 weeks later...

It may as well be 2009 model, it's first registered in Sept 2008 though. I would appreciate it if you found it OhareFred

The model change is usually in early summer. Our 2013 Journey was ordered on September 10, 2012 and delivered December 10, 2012. The 2014 Journeys would be built in July and August to prepare for the showrooms and allow the dealers to sell off the previous model year.

Journey's debuted in early 2008 as "2009" models. We purchased our first Journey, a 2009 SXT, in March 2008.

From the owner's manual:

Illuminated Approach — If Equipped
This feature activates the headlights for up to 90 seconds
when the doors are unlocked with the transmitter. The
time for this feature is programmable on vehicles
equipped with the EVIC. Refer to “Illumin Approach,”
under “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features),”
under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center
(EVIC)” in Section 4.

If you don't have the optional EVIC, I believe you'll have to consult the dealer to have the programming changed.