Slid into curb

So yesterday I was turning left out of my area and it was icy and just as I was straightening out and put abit of gas into it I started to slide and slammed into the curb with my rear passenger wheel. I was doing between 10km/h - 15km/h. At first this is all I could see wrong aswell as the wheel slightly angled into the car. well also the rim was all scratched up....

I have a 2013 R/T AWD

I was told this could be the Rear Toe Link or Lower Control Arm

22AFA0F2-C579-4B72-8197-0F797399358C-123

And now I just got this picture once the dealer got it up on the lift and I was told this is the Rear K Frame and its F-ed up bad....

BF3918B6-6C97-494A-8C62-299CA4E86204-123

I have had friends and family that did the same as me and never had issues like this also most hit harder than I did. Most of the time is just a scratched/gouged rim or messed up rubber. Is this normal? I honestly don't feel safe if this much stuff broke from a small hit to a curb like this......

"Is this normal?"

I have a smart ass answer but I'll refrain.

Yes... Because multiple people I know have done the same thing the roads are not sanded nor maintained very well in Edmonton. I have never seen or heard of this much damage for how fast I was going..... My mom in her van hit last year doing atleast 30km/h and all it did was scratch the rim and she needed a alignment. A friend of mine was on the road doing 70km/h hit a patch of ice did a 720 and hit the curb and only bent his 2 rims. I did not hit the curb hard at all..... I don't think there should have been this much damage from such a slow hit...

"Is this normal?"

I have a smart ass answer but I'll refrain.

Maybe you should've refrained from saying anything at all.

This is a fair question. This is a new owner that's questioning the quality of his car. We should help him/her feel safer, not badgered by you.

My intent was not to "badger" the op but to create the possibility to

think out what was asked - an accident like that has too many variables

to be contemplated as "normal".

Every car has weak points brought to a head by how fast,how slippery

and road surface issues.

So yesterday I was turning left out of my area and it was icy and just as I was straightening out and put abit of gas into it I started to slide and slammed into the curb with my rear passenger wheel. I was doing between 10km/h - 15km/h. At first this is all I could see wrong aswell as the wheel slightly angled into the car. well also the rim was all scratched up....

I have a 2013 R/T AWD

I was told this could be the Rear Toe Link or Lower Control Arm

22AFA0F2-C579-4B72-8197-0F797399358C-123

And now I just got this picture once the dealer got it up on the lift and I was told this is the Rear K Frame and its F-ed up bad....

BF3918B6-6C97-494A-8C62-299CA4E86204-123

I have had friends and family that did the same as me and never had issues like this also most hit harder than I did. Most of the time is just a scratched/gouged rim or messed up rubber. Is this normal? I honestly don't feel safe if this much stuff broke from a small hit to a curb like this......

This is bordering on hysterical comedy....

Sorry, had to say it :rockon:

Yes... Because multiple people I know have done the same thing the roads are not sanded nor maintained very well in Edmonton. I have never seen or heard of this much damage for how fast I was going..... My mom in her van hit last year doing atleast 30km/h and all it did was scratch the rim and she needed a alignment. A friend of mine was on the road doing 70km/h hit a patch of ice did a 720 and hit the curb and only bent his 2 rims. I did not hit the curb hard at all..... I don't think there should have been this much damage from such a slow hit...

Yeah i know what you mean about the roads in edmonton. i also live in edmonton and last winter i came up to a yellow light while trying to stop i started to slide threw the intersection and t-boned a car that was turning in left from the on coming traffic and wrote off both vehicles. while we were in the business on the corner (was a hottub/bathtub and plumbing supply store) they were saying they see an accident at that set of lights at least once a day. the sad part was i had just put brand new winter tires on my journey a week before the accident. sadly its now longer with us :( but yeah i feel for your pain. where did you end up taking your journey to?